At last some help with Bletharitus

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered with this complaint for more than 10 years.  Mostly it has been manageable with flareups from time to time.  Recently a flare up just got worse and worse.  No amount of bathing or using Minnims Artificial tears helped.  Many mornings eyes were completely stuck together.  I was becoming desperate.  I had suspected that maybe particles of hair products were possibly irritating the condition so started researching protection glasses to use when combing and styling my hair, during the research a found a reference that Specsavers Opthalmologists could advise on the condition.  I phoned my local store and spoke to an operative who suggested I go to see him as he wanted to show me a Heat Mask which could possibly help. I did this and purchased a Optase Moist Heat Mask by Scope for £9.95 I have only used twice so far but have to say the effect so far is amazing, already I feel the benefit and have had definite relief in only 24 hrs.  It is recomended to use for 10 mins twice a day. It is heated in the Microwave and the heat pads loosen the oils in the glands and help them to flow more easily. After only 1 day I can thoroughly recommend.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, glad to hear this mask worked for you.  I have a chalazion on one upper eyelid, it has been there some three weeks now and the recommended treatment is regular hot  water bathing and massage, I do this each morning in the shower but to no avail, maybe this Heat Mask would help, which opthalmologist did it come from?
    • Posted

Most Drugstores sell these bags.. Twenty to thirty seconds in the microwave and they do their magic. I often fall asleep with it.
    • Posted

Drugstore is Canadian..... so I don't really know if it's UK chemists. Wherever you would buy medical supplies is where you would find them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.