At long last.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have lost count on how long I have had this continual nagging pain in my which has generated down my right leg. I also have depression due to having to live with this condition. I can't have a MRI as I know I would freak out. I was seen by a different doctor a while back now who has put me on Gabapentin and it's started to work.

She is kind of agreeing with me that I have Fibromyalgia I'm on 2400 mg and I'm just about starting to feel the benefits.

Tiredness is the only side effect I have, thank goodness. Is anyone else taking the same amount of meds as me?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Honestly? It's a horrible drug that doctor's don't understand and give out way too freely. BTW, it's not approved by the FDA for fibro, Lyrica is, but even that drug's suspect as to how well it helps. Read the side effects (including serious depression and suicide), is VERY hard to get off because of the withdrawal. This also sounds more like a sciatica problem which really does warrant and MRI. There are sedatives patients can give. You're on a high dose of a drug that likely won't help much and can ruin your life. Do I sound alarmist? I used to think that of other people until I've lived with this drug for 20 months and can't wait until I'm finally off.

Not everyone has the same side effects, but many don't even realize (like me) what's going on until they start to get off of it. Confusion, memory loss, anxiety, dizziness weight gain or weight loss are very common. Do your research.

• Posted

Hello Miss11994

I am taking 2700 a day. I have nerve damage in my spine which generates down into my hips and groins.Gabapentin helps me but like yourself I become very tired early evening. I also find myself moving my arm suddenly for no reason must be another side effect. However I can cope with this as it sure helps with the nerve pain.Glad to hear you are coping with it as many people can not handle it because of strange side effects.

Good luck and hope they help your neve pain.  John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.