at the mo I am recovering from epididymis and prostatitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, just want to share this with you as I think I'm stress or anxiety at the mo with my health, firstly 2 weeks ago I had pain in one of my testicles do went to GP, he found that I had epididymis so gave me antibiotics for 2 wks. So I had problems going to toilet as not coming out properly and feel pressure on my bladder, also liquid fishy discharge coming out of my bum. As I'm going thru stress with work so I looked up at Google for what cause epididymis and 2 things link to it is STI or Prostate glands, I have been with 1 partner for 8 years so the answer must be prostatitis, dr said stress can cause it so must be that as the antibiotics will help clear the infection! I was scared as thought link to cancer so a relief but I keep getting feeling sick most of the time, Tummy ache, chest pain and feeling that something going to happen! Don't know if any of you been thru it so please discuss it with me as I want to feel normal but I'm not 100% myself. I got a new job starting on March 29th so I'm leaving my old job cos working there stress me out which cause my illness! Thanks for your time reading this....

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello.  Stress can do alot to a mans body.  I am 60 years old and from the time I was 13 I have checked my testicles after a bath at lest 1 a week.  I get pain in my groin sometimes and last year  I notice my right epididymis was 3 times bigger then the other.  I do see a urologist for my prostate problem and he did not seam concerned.  I told him that it hurts sometime.  He told me that we will watch it.  So I'm not worried.  As long as I can still have a orgasm I'm fine.  Stress has alot to do with it.  Within September to December I was in the hospital 5 times.  Had a gallbladder attack. Then had it out and then had to go in again for a stabing pain and they had 2 afib attacks wiithin 9 days.  Talk about stress.Yesterday I had a implant replaced from my prostate been bleeding for my penis the last 10 hours.  I'm not going to stress about it I know everything will be ok.  Try not to worry about life because it all works out relax and enjoy yourself  Ken      
    • Posted

Wow how amazing to see how you coping the way you are as u seems to have lots of medical issues but how do u keep yourself positive and happy. I'm only 39 and I fear the worse but my dr said I'm very healthy as all my test comes back normal. It's just my head messing me around as I try to tell myself to be positive and happy but those voices in my head keeps saying no ur gonna get ill and so on. When I'm busy it started to get less but when I'm home chilling on sofa or trying to relax it gets worse! Dr gave me anti depression tablets to use for now to calm me down but doesn't help at all..... I'm starting my new job soon so I should be happy but something is taking over myself
    • Posted

Maybe the new job will help  I have alot of friends and my kids help to.  I was married for 22 years and was very depressed when I got a divorced at 47.  But life goes on. You need to forget about the problems and live..Ken 
    • Posted

Yea, have to agree with Ken. I am one that stresses out and wories a lot about health issues, but I have a lot to wory about. Eventhough I try not to. I have Crohn's disease, Osteoperosis, Severe Spinal Stenosis, Sleep Apnea and I have a surgery scheduled this week. I also have an appointment with the Urologist about pain in my Prostate. Really scared about it. I just try not to think about it so much. I am 47 years old. Try to enjoy life as much as you can. Try to forget the health issues or they will consume you.
    • Posted

Hello Ken,    Sounds like this last year was a challenging one for you.  I hope your upcoming posts become a little boring and express a healthy year for you!

I was just wondering about your the replacement of one of your clips and how the Dr knew that it was damaged or needed replaced.    I had my Urolift about the same time you did,  approx, 8 months ago, however 3 days ago I had a cystoscopy done because I am still not as satisfied Ias I think I should be with my procedure,  anywho I was able to watch on a tv screen the entire scoping process all the way into my bladder and I did not see any clips at all, so I asked my dr. And he said that they have recessed into the tissue and, or the tissue has grown over them,   I thought that was kind of strange since it has only been only 8 months.  He kept saying that he was pleased with the outcome of the Urolift and it has done what it was suppose to do.    However I was looking forward to seeing exactly where they were actually put in and then I could see for myself exactly how many he had put in.

Hope you get to feeling better soon,  sounds like you may need to be on an antibiotic so you don't get another infection, which if I'm not mistaken is what caused you to have to have a device replaced.   Would like to hear more about that!    Have a great day Ken.

• Posted

Wow u seems in a lot of pain but how do u cope with them without stressing yourself.. I keep telling myself life is too short to worry as we all die one day but it's not easy... Hate those voices in my head trying to depress me
    • Posted

I have been dealing with infections for 13 years.  In 2014 I had 7 and also sepsis.  When I was in the hospital they try to catheter me 5 times never got it in.  I went and saw a urologist after some test and a scope he found a stricture in the urethra.  A few months later I was have some trouble peeing and he did another scope.  My prostate was the size of a orange and it was closing off the urethra.  That is when i has the urolift done 4 implants.  When he checked the stricture in january.  He found the implant in the center of the urethra. Had it repaired yesterday.  He checked everything while he was in there all is good and my prostate is smaller they last year.  Doctor is very happy.  Can't wait tell monday to get this dame catheter out.  Take care  Ken
    • Posted

I know, it is difficult. I nearly cancelled my appointment with the urologist out of fear. I am scared they will find a lump in my prostate and want to do a biopsy on it. I won't let them touch me with those barbaric needles. but then I will be worried that I have prostate cancer, so not looking forward to this appointment. I am having trouble urinating and there is some pain as well so I have no choice. So I try my best not to think about it. I find that , for me it is best that I keep my mind busy like I am now so I don't think about it as much.
    • Posted

When taking antibiotics and liquid comes out of your bum and its fishy smell, read about it and could be bacteria or infection cleaning out. Do u have that experience?
    • Posted

When u took antibiotics do u get fishy liquid come out when poo,only small bits every time! I get tummy aches and my wee and poo comes out normal but that liquid smell worry a me, is it the infection cleaning out or bacteria?
    • Posted

Never had that problem. In december had a bad prostate infection was on ciprofloxacn 1000mg for 30 days never notice a smell
    • Posted

I have noticed that my urine smells strange. I think due to an infection. I will know more when I see my doctor this thursday. I would imagine that if there is an infection depending on how bad it is your urine can smell, however I have never heard of a discharge from the anus from a urinary or prostate infection. If that is the case it would indicate a fistula connecting the rectum to the bladder or prostate. This can happen if you have inflamitory Bowel disease. That warrants further investigation as fistula's are difficult to heal and usually require surgery.
    • Posted

I have had my urine smell strong and its a dark yellow but don't know if it has something to do with a infection.  Have to keep a eye out for it.  Hopefully I don't have another one soon. I get tired of them.  Never had the other problem. Gook luck  Ken
  • Posted

Hey , Ive had the exact same thing like a smelly liquid comes out of my butt literally everytime I get aroused . I have prostatitis and in my testicules , but it's not from bacteria . My problems aren't only in my butt and balls it's like my health. Chest pain and feeling tired and ordor changes and literally it goes on and on . For me it's actually Candida that's causing my pain and the doctor kept prescribing me tons of antibiotics to no avail. So if the antibiotics aren't helping you and you're getting worse instead of feeling better , consider taking some antifungal medication and looking up Candida . Stress does a lot of things but I can assure you it does not give you prostatitis and all the other crap people say it does. What you have is an infection and unless you get it treated it will not go away no matter how stressed or unstressed you are . I've had doctors who didn't know tell me it was from stress to it was in my mind . You might not have Candida but please do not let people tell you it's stress that's bull crap. People tell you that when they have no clue what's causing your problems
    • Posted

Hi, you seems to have problems as me, as I have chest pain, feeling sick and tummy pain on and off everyday. Must be worrying about my health too much makes me feel like it or the liquid that comes out of my butt causing all this symptoms as I'm on antibiotics at the mo for prostatitis and epididymis to clear the infection. I keep taking ibrofphen twice a day to stop the pain below my balls. I hate feeling like this as some days I feel great then in the evening start to feel sick and loss appetite. What is it??? Keeps looking for solution on google but there are millions of things that can be......
    • Posted

In the past did worrying cause you chest pain and stomach pain ? I have both of those , and I feel just ran down all the time but for me it's from Candida , because Candida causes anxiety and a whole crap load of problems . unless your doctors have found bacteria then you should not be on antibiotics . I took months worth and Candida is an invasive yeast so killing my good bacteria was only making Candida grow more . Get you a clear glass of water and spit in it a few times and tell me wether your spit grows legs or sinks to the bottom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.