At the worst with meno

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering anxiety. Aches and pains especially in shoulders and blades.

I woke at 4am this morning and the pain in my shoulders was horrific, was like an adrenaline rush. sweat was pouring off me and headache. Could not get back to sleep as the anxiety had kicked in big time imagining all sorts.

Went to work and the headache stayed all day, like my head was being squashed. By afternoon I had took a very dark menstrual period.

I am on hrt elette duet 2mg and sertraline 100mg for anxiety. I also have an under active thyroid and have been on thyroxine for 8 years. Will this ever end. I keep thinking this can't be meno and imagine it's something serious like a cancer.

I feel that I am slipping back instead of forward. Anyone similar

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Angela, I just finished a short period last week and leading up to it and after it I've had a bad relapse of symptoms. Was up in the middle of a night with a migraine. Shaky with adrenaline like rushes, achiness, and darn flu feelings again. I agree with you, it's hard to believe it's perimeno, I keep thinking one day they will find what's really wrong.

• Posted

Oh Angela, I 100% feel for you, since I feel JUST like you have been feeling..awful pain/discomfort in my shoulder blades and lower rib cage, legs few like they are falling asleep if I don’t move around..anxiety, depression, fatigue like I can’t believe...i try to stay hydrated and walk a bit each day and take a LOT of Advil..ugh..I can’t believe we have to go through this and there isn’t much being done to help...after all, half the world population goes through this for years!!! Take care and know someone is always here😊

• Posted

Suzanne I am so relieved to read your reply. Thank you.

Can I ask what age you are and when it all started for you.

I am 51 and this all started for me when my mother passed in December 2015. Doctors told me for almost 2 years it was grief.

I think I have every symptom possible

• Posted

I started having different symptoms when I hit 50, but it totally hit the fan when I turned 51. I'm now 53 so dealing with really awful things for two years now. Two years ago at this time I was hardly functioning, so I have to say I'm much better, or maybe I'm just more used to feeling so bad now. I'm not sure! Ugh

I do have to say that when I really got sick it coincided with funky periods, so it has to be peri, That and I had every test known to medicine and they could never find anything. (except reactivated EBV - which can go along with hormonal decline, and they took my gall bladder out, which did squat). 

I have every symptom possible too, if I named all of them from two years you wouldn't believe it! The only thing I haven't gotten yet is full blown hot flashes and vag atrophy, but I'm sure that in the horizon. 

Sorry you are so sick too. It's really awful. I try and stay upbeat but it's so hard.

• Posted

Amy it is so awful. I am sat on the sofa right now and feel like I have heavy weights on my shoulders. Before all this I never worried about anything, carefree,teeming with confidence.

I now hardly recognise the person I was before. It's a nightmare x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.