At what point does it feel normal ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think am doing great , 9 weeks post TKR , 125 bend after six weeks and straight leg, flew back to Asia after six weeks from UK for my job., difficult to stay away longer due to work pressure.

Here in HK now , walking back hotel and got to thinking , two days ago I was catching Star Ferry and had 1 minute to catch it. It took going upstairs , a lot of stairs. I did not even think and started two at a time ,no pain and a real watershed moment for me. Today walking back and am conscious every thing I do , not good at 'going round corners' and still very aware of the new knee.  My question is at what stage does it become part of u ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

For me, it's when it's not stiff or hurting in any form, and I forget about it.  I'm six months post surgery.
  • Posted

Sorry all, for some reason my keyboard went wonky......trying to say that about 50 percent of the time.  I have good times and times not so good.
  • Posted

You are doing very well! As some other people have said and you did, it is when you don't even think of it. There will be a lot of those moments when you wonder when you were able to do something without noticing you have. I celebrate each of those. With my first TKR it was at about 6 months that I rarely thought about it all all. I look forward to that moment for the second knee that is now almost 3 months old. Keep on recovering! Cheers

Mary

• Posted

David, I didn't really realize I was no longer 'thinking' about my knee and what it could or could not do until about 8 months.   My doctor said it sometimes takes up to a year for a person to get to that point.  Sounds like you are doing great!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.