At what point with Mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

At what point do you start getting less tired?  I know the lower the milligram the more it works as a sleep aid.  I have tapered and now down to 5.4 mg.  I am in benzo withdrawal so I cant taper much but at what point does Mirt actually stop getting more of a sleep aid?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What is your situation witj benzo taper ?
    • Posted

Im off benozs for 17 months.  But I don't want this to be about benzos.... more about my initial questions about Mirt.

• Posted

Would have thought you would be over the benzo taper. As for the mirt i am not sure when it stops being a sleep aid it is different for everyone. I know alot of people feel extreme fatigue but can t sleep as they taper.

I am going to taper off mirt and benzos. What dose were you on and how fast did you taper. If you went too fast it may be that causing the problem. If you went slow that is less likely.

• Posted

I know you dont want to talk benzos but i need help. I am tapering off mirtaz down to 1mg and i sleep but i dont know if it is diaz 5mg i take at night.  I want off this.  Are you willing to tell me, if i drop half a mg at night for a month, then same again will this be a proper start?  Have been taking benzo and mirt for too long.  Did you take both together too?
  • Posted

Trust me you will know when. You will have insomnia and not able to sleep at all. If its going to affect you like that. Remember we are all different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.