at wits end

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hope right forum at end of post its about ibs. So few years ago started having urq pain, Dr said lung xray clear ultrasound small liver cyst, alt slight elevated, no doubt drinking, thinks stress, went on, bowl movements from normal, loose, some days 3-5 times, some days none, but never more than a day or two constipated, Er visit a few months ago for stomach virus, full blood panel because of history normal, abdomen palpation normal. Pain persist on daily basis more last two ribs both sides front and back doesn't seem deep, lots of bowel sounds and gas, worse in evening, worse sitting, better standing or laying down.Got nervous went to walk in clinic, nurse practitioner(I'm in USA) said probably cirrhosis with my history, gi appointment in 3 weeks, paniced and went to Er next day, Dr said no way cirrhosis, this muscular or ibs, his blood work said normal alt 52, good to him, but walk in NP said alt 55 elevated.no other symptoms, no jaundice, no blood anywhere, gassy, occasional bloating and the pains in front sides and back come and go. Have a alot anxiety issues. Lots of intestanalintestinal noise and bowel movements, losing my mind. any Thoughts. Ibs?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Some of your symptoms sound like gastritus, lve had the bloating wind belching discomfort with it, loss of appetite, not too much pain, though some with gastritus do get a lot of pain. The varying bowel movements could be ibs, bowel going into spasm, as happens with ibs. Seeing a gastrologist and having scope should show if gastritus, or pylori with it.

l,d think scan would show any serious problems with your liver, think the nurse was being sarcastic, but not something should be said lightly to worried patient.  Try a light diet, not ready meal processed, or spicy, oily, see if you can rush you gi appt to get facts. good luck

• Posted

Thanks Lynn, no loss of appetite, really oily bowel movements though, I own a small store, small eatery inside, of coarse everything fried, trying to change diet, as far as the nurse, Er doc didn't understand why she would say that, especially on a physical exam with no blood results at the time.
    • Posted

With me it was the nausea caused lost appetite, now back, but still dont eat fried foods, will eat french fries, hash browns, just bake everything in a hallogen. Yeh not very professional to say that, but lve had times medics at all levels up to consultants have worried me or said things and made me feel worse.  l think a scope should come up with your diagnosis more accurately, 
    • Posted

Very seldom have nausea, just the nagging pain and urgent bowel, plus all my anxiety issues, Er doc was very understanding, said he really didn't see a need for a scan in the Er but to keep my gi appt. He also asked if i had tried cannabis for anxiety, lol, which I have and it worked, told me in moderation, rather do that than give me a script for pills.
    • Posted

lol, omg, my docs not offered that yet, give it time, with a diy book, on bad days will try anything. what a doctor lol. l,m sure youll get answers from gi scope, good luck
  • Posted

Could be ibs. If so stress and anxiety willmake it worse, so try no to worry.

You have been to doctors so I reckon they would have realised if it was anything serious.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.