Ataxia? Malnutrition? Weak Immune System?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im worried. About someone i love and care about. Normally of course, she wouldnt say anything. When she was 17, she seemed to have discovered that she couldnt give birth. Said her doctor told her that. She is skinny, petite, asian with light skin tone, tho theyre not pale, looks natural. Then, summer came, i discovered she has asthma too. Serious sudden attack ones. But a few years later, she adopted and raised cats, she doesnt seem to be having any asthma triggers to them unlike me. Then on that year, i discovered she had been getting sick a lot, she wouldnt say but i know she was, she says them indirectly tho. Then she had scoliosis. Like her asthma, became serious. But a year ago, they seemed to have gone, coz i dont see her having them anymore, Alhamdulillah(thank God). She was also gaining weight. Her cheeks became chubby, her smiles get cuter because of that, but she still looked a bit skinny, not like before. She is still beautiful, for me, always. Then last month, i saw her figure again, she seems to have lost weight. She looks like she was before. But she can smile, perfectly, all the time, like nothing else matters but her happiness in each moment. PLEASE, I KNOW IM LACKING A LOT MORE THINGS TO SAY, BUT ITS ALL I KNOW, I NEED OPINIONS/INFORMATION IF ANYONE HERE CAN TELL ME ABOUT SOME WHY'S:

Why cant she give birth?

Why does it seem like her body figure remains the same?

Why does she get sick easily like that? Is it coz of her body?

I presently discovered about this Friedreich's Ataxia, and they said it had no cure for it, and im being really paranoid here, the symptoms seems a bit similar, im praying this thing wont exist in my world..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi MeowPrince - has she seen a doc about all this?

• Posted

She has yeah, but i dont know what they talk about each time she does, she went to her doctor mostly for her scoliosis, thats what ive heard, the rest im not sure, but she once got almost hospitalized, i dont know if she is carrying something till today, or is it really just her immune system being weak, that she gets sick and get cured and vice versa only, hopefully that is the case, hopefully, hoping too for your reply about this matter.

• Posted

She is seeing doctors, so she is being monitored, she is happy.............. maybe she doesn't want to tell you what's going on. I have no idea where you get the idea of Friedreich's Ataxia from but that doesn't fit your description of her symptoms.

But there is a disturbing line in your comments: ".......... im praying this thing wont exist in my world.."

Sickness and diseases exist in everyone's world, and if you really love her as much as you say you do you have to support her as much as you can.

All the symptoms you describe don't seem to relate to one another. Maybe you are little bit over concerned?

• Posted

Hello Lynx64, thankyou for the comment, more comments, more opinions and info about my post, more relief. "im praying that this thing wont exist in my world" was referring to that Friedreich's Ataxia. Maybe i am that concerned yeah, since i know little, so less, makes me worry and my mind just create imaginary problems to worry on its own. Although you havent answered some of my "why's" but that positive reassurance gives me relief. Thankyou again Lynx64

• Posted

You're welcome mate. Why don't you see a doctor yourself to discuss your problems. Your "friend", "partner", or whatever your girl is to you might be willing to come with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.