Atenolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

My doctor raised my dosage from 50 to 75 twice a day. It's done the trick. My blood pressure is "normal". However, after taking it (about 30 min) I feel really tired. Looking at my blood pressure when I feel this way, it is perfectly normal. Is my body not use to "normal" and that is why I feel so tired? Or is my being overweight not helping (I am working on that also).

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take 25mg Atenolol, 25mg Hydrochlorizide (diuretic) and 5mg Amlodipine....

That's a big jump in the Atenolol.....I don't know.

What is normal for one person is not for the other.....and there really is no normal...our BP changes every second of our lives....

That 120/80 I believe is just plain hogwash.....age, weight changes it all.

Situations, thoughts, moods, dreams, and more change BP in our bodies....

Could be that high dose is slowing down your heart too much....

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I also feel the medical society is a lot of hogwash. Such as wanting me to take pills for cholesterol. After reading the "side effects it can do" I threw it away and refuse to take any. the side effects seem to be waste and in some cases, fatal. I brought down my cholesteerol with MetaMucil. It's working and it's natural. This so-called BP problem is because when I would go in (to this new doctor because of United Health dropping my doctor of 30 years), it would read around 140/90 or sometimes higher. I told them I have "whitecoat syndrome". she claimed it still was too high and raised the Antenol. I am seriously thinking of stoping the 1/2 pill (25mg) and keep tabs on it. Again I have to change doctors (because of United Health dropping this one). I'll see what he says. I am slowly losing faith in the medical society. but that's another story.

Thanks again.

• Posted

MANY alternative healing publications say cholesterol is a myth pushed by pharma to push these dangerous drugs...the statins cause MANY side effects, muscle damage for just one.

Read the info on Weston A Price foundation on cholesterol and the OILS we need in our bodies...Omega 3's are important.

It's very very sad and I'm so HAPPY to have an integrative MD and also I've worked on alternative healing for about 25 yrs.....

Hogwash is a gentle word....

Yes, for life or death a drug could save us....but there is so much fear out there and one has to study everything......

• Posted

My goal is to get off of the BP pills and to get rid of the Type 2 Diabetese. I know it is because I am over-weight. I am working on both. I refuse to take any more pills. I do take Omega-3 with Sundown Brand. I take "natural" pills for my arthritis in my knee (Glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM Tablets). Bought one of those exercise bikes (while sitting in a chair). I cook my meals with chicken, fish, some pork, natural vegetables (frozen is OK also), fruits, etc. Hardly ever open a Packaged Meat item. I'm getting there.
  • Posted

Also, as I said to another poster magnesium is critical for hypertension control too....many many are deficient in magnesium so that is something you could add to your daily use...

I've been taking mag for many years and it does so much more for us too. I have been talking about it on the Hip Replacement board and it's necessary for bone health too, even more so than too much calcium...Vit D3 is vital too.

• Posted

I do eat a lot of bananas, nuts, fish, etc. So I should be fine in this regard.

thanks.

• Posted

Everyone can control Type II, it's the Type I that is deadly and needs the insulin.

Bananas are higher in sugar, too many nuts high in fats.....

Moderation is key and get off carbs and sugars, even many fruits....

An apple is a good bet, fresh pineapple but again moderation....

A doc here in L.A. is on the radio every Saturday and when people call in with diabetes issue:

His mantra is: veggies, protein and clean water.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.