Athlete's foot not going away after more than 2 months of treatment

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone.

About 3 months ago, I developed a scab in the webspace between 2 of my toes. After about 1 month of not treating it, it developed into what I have been told is Athlete's foot which looks like a white blister. This is the first time I have had this.

I was given Lamisil cream (Terbinafine hydrochloride) to treat it. In the first 2 weeks of treatment, the blister significantly decreased in size (maybe to half the size of what it was).

The problem is that in the last 8 weeks of applying the cream twice a day each day to the blister, I have not seen any further changes.

I wash my feet everyday, including between the toes. I make sure it's completely dry before applying a small amount of cream to the blister and gently rubbing it in. I do this every morning and night before bed.

I would be very grateful if you could have a look at the attached pictures and let me know your opinion on this.

Thank you very much in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It may now be resistant to Terbinafine. You could try changing the treatment and using a cream with Clotrimazole in it as the active ingredient. You should be able to buy it over the counter. If you wear socks then make sure they are washed at 60 degrees or more to kill the fungal spores. Invest in new cotton socks if possible. Dont wear shoes without socks . Whenever possible wear shoes or sandals that allow your foot to be dry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.