atiral fibrillation after stent use

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am 66 years old male, i had inserted single stent after I had first episode of AF which after ECHO showed stenosis of coronary artery. So i was fine till 3 months but after that i developed AF which has been documented and it is occuring on every almost 4 or 5 th day. but pulse in within 100. AF isnot symptomatic except irregular. it doesnot make me discomfort. I am on clopilet. asprin. Prolomet 12.5 . Now should I go for warfarin for thin blood ? or is it normal to have AF after 3 months of Stent insertion?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you're having episodes of Afib at least once a week, you're at risk for a blood clot in your left atrium, and consequently a stroke. A 69 year old friend of mine, who had untreated, paroxysmal Afib, recently had a stroke that left her paralyzed on on left side. Using a stroke risk scoring system, such as the CHA2DS2-VASc, would qualify you for an anticoagulant such as warfarin.  There are newer blood thinners that are easier to manage than warfarin, such as Apixaban. Bottom line - Afib should be taken seriously regardless of its origins - consult your cardiologist as soon as possible.

• Posted

thank you very much for your suggestion. i am consulting tomorrow and let you know too 

thank you once again

• Posted

my doctor said once you hit 65, 83mg apirin doesn't cut it anymore. I haven't switched to anyhing more powerful yet since the afib is pretty much controlled by Flecainide, and I only go into afib very occasionally and not long lasting at all...

• Posted

Hi 

You say you only go into Afib occasionally and it doesn't last that long.

Latest research show clots can begin to form within 5 minutes of an AF episode starting.

Many Drs don't keep up with current data.

You have to read and read more about this nasty condition and monitor your own health.

You are the one that suffers if you are not treated correctly, not your Dr.

Blood thinners are important part of AF treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.