Ativan-been on for a few days with weird issues.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi-who has been on Ativan? I’ve been taking it the last few days .5 or a bit more for sleep along w traz, 50 mg. I’m trying to decide if I’m having anxiety or if it’s side effects. I’m super shaky, dizzy and exhausted the next day. Feeling very on edge. Wasn’t like this before. SOS! Of course seeing doc too but curious of other experiences. Thanks!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

That is all normal for ativan

• Posted

Thanks. Does it get better? I’m still shaky in the morning and anxious. I think I wanna stop.
    • Posted

If you can, I would stop. Our bodies become dependent on Benzo’s very quickly and it’s one of the worst drugs to withdrawal from. I am currently tapering from Ativan. I’ve been taking it for a year,  .25mg a night. A few months ago I started waking up shaking, extremely anxious, brain fog, dry heaving. I didn’t realize until just last week that is tolerance withdrawal from the Ativan. If you can find a more natural solution to help you sleep and for anxiety, it would be the way to go. 
    • Posted

once you are over the wd period it ALL goes away. Just hang in there.
    • Posted

I know. I want off of it. I might try taking .25 and see how that goes. It’s been two weeks. 
    • Posted

Just be careful because the timeline for taking ativan or any benzo is 2-4 weeks before you can develop a dependency. I am not trying to scare you, I just know that if someone had told me what these horrible benzo's can do to your mind and body, I would have never taken them. Fortunately for me as I begin my taper I haven't had toobad of withdrawal symptoms YET. I pray it stays that way, but I am prepared. I also was on the lowest dose for a year, which is a lot less and a shorter span then most you will read about. I've read of people getting dependent after just a month, so be careful. Do what you feel is right for you and know that there are wonderful people on here that will support you if you need it smile

• Posted

Yeah-I’m not thrilled. I’m hoping I can start to taper down this week. Sorry you went through all of this! How do you feel now? I’m just curious if the Ativan is causing all of these dizzy issues. I also take trazodone fir sleep. 
    • Posted

I've only done 2 days of tapering, but I started already on a very lose dose. So far so good. I've been waking up with anxiety and a little bit of shakiness but not nearly as bad as when I was taking my full dose. Some break through anxiety during the day and brain fog. But other then that doing good. I am worried about when I cut even more on Friday. Hopefully, it continues to go smoothly. I just want off and have it out of my system so my body can adjust and begin to heal. The Ativan could definitely be causing you the dizziness.

• Posted

All day dizziness is possible. I would talk to your doctor. If you have only been taking it a week, you should be able to just stop taking it without any problems. I am currently cutting about 1/4 off of my .25mg every night. So far its been going good. I heard it can get harder the lower you go, but I am hoping that is not the case for me. Once I hit a week at this lower dose, I will cut another 1/4 off, so that will be half of the .25mg and I will go another week or so like that and then cut again for a week. After that I will probably just take the jump if I feel ok. I go talk to my new doctor about it tomorrow. 
    • Posted

You think? My doc doesn’t seem to think that’s it,  also on trazodone 50 mg for sleep. Maybe it’s the combo? It’s been slightly over two weeks. Ugh I’m scared but don’t want issues getting off. I was on klonopin for a bit a while ago and tapered slowly and was fine for the most part. Your taper sounds reasonable. Hopefully it will be easy!
    • Posted

It could definitely be the combo. It started when you started taking the Ativan with the trazadone? I’m starting to think Doctors don’t really understand the effects of these drugs. It seems like a lot of people taking Benzo’s have experienced this with their doctors sad  
    • Posted

Yeah, I totally agree!! I had some weird issues after I got off klonopin and my doctor was like oh I’ve never heard of this and that but when I googled it was semi common. 

I was dizzy before but I feel like it’s gotten worse. I kinda think it’s the combo. I’m gonna try and reduce tonight I think-just worry I won’t sleep! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.