ativan why have i still got protracted withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

10 months since last pill after a year of taking this poison slow taper but still.brain fog.brain body zaps.fatigue. insomnia.tinnitis. headaches. nausea.feels like it will never end esp the head fog . it changes personality and will to do things... does anyone know anything about this ...i am told it will end.... but will it........

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Everyone may already know this, but bear with me. Drink a lot of water, at least three of those glasses a day... straight down. First thing in the AM is very important... It's literally flushing your body. First thing in the morning I believe a valve that opens and closes all day, is wide open before we eat or drink. (Ileoecil valve, I think.Tess?) Drink that water straight down. You will be assisting your body in flushing junk out of your body..including drugs when you are tapering.

Do not drink water with food as the water will dilute the digestive juices and can cause digestive discomfort. With a heavy meal, I don't drink for at least an hour and a half to two after a heavy meal...all that needs time to break down.  Between meals drink water. A hydrated body has a better chance of being healthier.

The only drinks that go well with food are food drinks like tomato juice and milk. The other is a digetive aid...wine, especially red.  But, due to anxiety, most of us don't drink because it is often a big spike trigger. If you like orange juice in the morning, have it while getting ready for breakfast...unless it is fresh squeezed...live enzymes.

Think on this, see if makes sense to you. Especially check this out if you have digestive problems....it may not solve the problem but at least it won't add to them!!

• Posted

thank you very informative. i will increase my water intake .you right it cant hurt...i know i dont drink enough.
    • Posted

Good for you, Theg. You just reminded me to go get a glass, myself.eek

• Posted

No egg sandwich????????

ileo-caecal valve, yes that's the one.

All I ever drink these days is water.......and sometimes a litle milk. No tea, coffee, cola, any fizzy drinks, no alcohol. Just water.

• Posted

The egg sandwich comes later...I do need to get off long enough to eat wink. I have just added another drink, chamomile tea for calming. Other than that, like you it is water, a very little milk occasionally, and an ounce or two of low sodium v-8 every few days. Yes, Tess...with my egg sandwich.

• Posted

Dear they, reading your post was heartbreaking. I suffered tennitus, which I am sure was due to imbalances caused by meds. It was the worst thing in my long life. I just felt strong enough one day to withdraw from zopiclone. I have a long way to go but I will beat it. The tennitus is easing and I feel stronger, how? With the help of a councillor.  I have friends but they advise according to their life experience and their personal opinion of what you need. A councillor is a professional, trained to give you unbiased and informed advice. They do it without patronising or judgement. It really saved me. I'm sure it will help you. Get a referral, we all need professional help some time. Friends can't offer completely impartial and informed answers. Hope this helps.

• Posted

thanking all of you.... for your comments... it certainly is a hard one... whether it be hormone imbalances mineral imbalances benzo withdrawal anxiety or something yet unknown or a mixture of all.. its a battle. all we can do is battle on.... i have a feeling that you are all on the other side of the world to me but hopefully our common symptoms understanding and ailments can bring our worlds closer with answers...
    • Posted

having extra bad nausea last 2 days.. its mid arfternoon snd i have just ate breakfast.. hoping tomorrow better....
    • Posted

No oily, fried or fast food. Chicken broth with crushed saltine crackers, dry toast and tea with lemon.
    • Posted

Nausea in the morning makes the whole day go wrong. breakfast, at the correct time, is vital.

If I feel sick I take an anti-travel sickness pill.

If I carry on feeling sick I do my best to have water. If I feel better, dry toast is very good for a quick and easy breakfast.

I am thinking that your nausea is very likely either a manifestation of anxiety, or that you're eating the wrong things. Cia is good on nutrition.

We're all still thinking of you, THEG.     xx

• Posted

Did you send this to me on purpose? Some don't read all the posts.

• Posted

No, it was just supposed to follow on from what you said. If I had answered Theg it would be out of sequence. That drives me nuts.
    • Posted

Sometimes on the long ones, I don't know what the heck a reply is talking about, and it is frustrating trying to find out what I said.eek

• Posted

I know - and now I'm not getting any notifications at all. I don't know what's happening on this site.

• Posted

Did you go to my message on pm?

TO EVERYONE! If you are having site and/or pm issues, please contact alan, a moderator.  On any post, hit the "report this" button choose "other" and type in message to "emis moderator."  Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.