Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help me nobody will. Severe depression from 25 years on ativan

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi la

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

The above is a manual by Professor Ashton she is now retired and to be honest the manual could really do with up dating.

I am not a doctor/medically trained etc. I am like many a victim of these drugs.

Yes you are right about the prescribing of benzos has chnaged over the years.

I was unfortunate to be given them in 2009 although they knew what they can do to you. I was told that i wasnt being compliant by not taking mine. Although i had become tolerant to them.

There is no help at all for us and that makes me angry as tehy are prescribed drugs. Yet if i had taken Heroin I would get that help.

Cheryl has taken hers for 25 years at what dose i am not entirely sure of

it is recommended a steady reduction, but we are all different.

Some people can just stop and have no problems others not so lucky.

i do suggest that it would be best to get advise from people that have advised

others on what to do.

Just a word of advice if anyone reads this.

We are all different and no two tapers will be the same.

Good luck

• Posted

Please help me with the ativan withdrawel. I have taken 1 -2 a day for 25 years. I have severe migraines now and anxiety from them. Its killing me the paranoia is awful andvthe Social anxiety. I need your help. My doctors wont help me
  • Posted

Good morning. I have been off ativan for 3 weeks after being on it for 6 years. I did a slow taper. I’m going thru pure hell. Depression and lots of pressure in head. In my research I’ve read that this is normal. This drug is a demon. Will be glad when all these symptoms are gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.