Atlas Chiropractice

Posted , 10 users are following.

There are far too many people on this page who suffer from MD even with steriod injections and betahistine. One kind lady on this page messaged me about the link with MD and atlas chiropractice and i encourage all of you to google it. You will be surprised! I have been vertigo free since i started adjustments and I just wanted to let everyone know that there are options. I was lucky enough that there was an atlas chiro close to me, but if u ha e to travel to find one it is worth the try rather than letting MD take over your life! Goodluck everyone! And anyone with success stories like mine please share! This needs to be told!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

thanbk you so much ...is atlas geared to mennieres?....or can i go to any chiropractor?
    • Posted

You have to locate a chiro that specializes in atlas region...its a special machine they use
    • Posted

Upper cervical chiropractor, or somene that has taken Dr Burcons training. You can call DR Burcon and he will advise you!
    • Posted

Need speciality training to deal with Meniers symptoms, Upeer cervical chiropractor. Look online for smeone near you?!
  • Posted

My initial adjustmentswith DR Burcon were a five hour drive and a weeks stay near his office. I since have found an Upper cervical chiropractor near my home, 20 minute drive. I know I will need his carae for the rest of my life trying to get my "head on straight". I accept this challenge and want everyone to knoe there is relief from this terrible bag of sympptoms that is Meniers. God know ENTs know nothing about how to help!

• Posted

I tried to post a link to an informative website on this forum but was deleted by a moderator. I thought that this was to help sufferers and not keep info from us
  • Posted

A word of caution. Meniere's is a disorder of the inner ear caused by increased fluid pressure. Manipulating the top of the spinal column is not going to affect that issue.

It is quite common for confirmed Meniere's sufferers to also get BPPV (up to 30%) which can often be succesfully managed by exercises such as the Epley manoeuvre, which you can learn to do yourself or with the help of a friend. There are excellent descriptions and videos on YouTube.

So it is important to be sure about your diagnosis. I got Meniere's 4 years ago and then developed mild BPPV six months ago.

• Posted

And yet myself and a fair number of people from this forum have been vertigo free since we srarted adjustments...i think im on week 12 now without an attack. I would 3 attacks a week about 4-6 hours long and was always in fear...now i barely think about it...
    • Posted

Hello Miranda,

As a fellow sufferer I would love to know what changes you have made to your lifestyle?

• Posted

Hi Emma

I was taking 48mg of betahistine 3 times a day and still have attacks feeling foggy and off balanced and with a 2 year old and being a teacher it was unbearable. My ent said he could do nothing else. I quit smoking for a bit i stopped drinking caffine and hardly ate high salt foods. And i was still not doing well. After the adjustments the fog is gone vertigo free still rather noisey tinnitus butnid take that over vertigo any day. I still take betahistine 48mg once day but ive slowly been easing myself off and im back to drinking a steeped tea in the morning and unfortunately back to smoking like 4 ciggarettes a day and im no lobger afraid to eat bacon and id say its 100% bc of the chiro adjustments. (i was also in a very abusive relationship which caused my head and neck trauma but sometimes you never know) please look into it. I got extremely lucky because their is an atlas chiro a 20min drive from my workplace but even if u have to travel itll be worth it!

• Posted

i just made an appointkent...as all of us know what works for us we do....noone has a cure so why not try anything to relive the dizzies....
  • Posted

Thank you. I have been fortunate in how kind and helpful replies have been. Atlas Chiros seem a world away from me but I will investigateĀ 
  • Posted

I was treated by a physiotherapist in the UK over a year ago and he stopped my vertigo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.