Atopic dermatitis af

Posted , 7 users are following.

2019 marked seven years of my chronic battle with eczema!! atopic dermatitis Was diagnosed by my skin professional about four years ago. the first two years where hell! this year i got in a lot of stress due to divorce, broken heart etc. I'm 36 and never had this type of illness in my life.

before this year I had to deal with small flareups In my butt crack and under my armpits. steroid cream was helpful but it’s not anymore.

this year everything went out of control. On the bike ride to work, stick came from under the front wheel and cut me in my leg quite deep. I did not care much but I had already a infection and over night scratching infected my whole groin area including my little friend:(

four months later no change. every day and night is hell. I’m wrapping my groin area with organic cotton shirt and ice packs.

I took steroids for two weeks, give me a boost but did not help with the eczema.

My current situation is full up with stress embarrassment an emotional disaster which of course doesn’t help my illness. But to be honest I don’t believe any of it. i have been watching myself quite carefully for the past seven years And it doesn’t matter if I’m stressed or totally happy and excited it doesn’t matter if it’s too hot or too cold to humid or to dry I will itch anyway.

And now since my private parts are affected sex have became so painful that I don’t enjoy it anymore.

As you can see I’m very frustrated but I feel like I reach the end I don’t even want to ask a question How did you kill your genital eczema? Or did it went away after a time? I just wanna let you guys know that there’s no cure. I don’t understand why such a nerve racking chronic illness doesn’t get any attention. Every time someone talks about eczema it’s always babies and beautiful woman with few spots on the face. Nobody talks about blood from scratching, no sleep at night, Frustration from your partner or friends and family that just don’t want to understand this illness, money and time that will never come back, wasted opportunities and events you were not able to attend due to flare up, wait I have more how about seven different doctors in 3 years looking at your private parts without any diagnose !? But with stupid remarks!?

And now how I supposed to meet a new woman and have sex with her and enjoy myself and feel confident..hmm Well there’s no good answer to this question like all of our doctors would like to tell us to just go home and try to live healthy and stop trying to cure something that they cannot cure! yep all this talking about stress food weather smoking.I give a try to all and i had so much time in the past seven years and nothing works100% the United States like with everything here they just trying to make money hey by my oil or by my book how about this diet or similar stuff like that make peoples brains to sponges! I don’t blame them eczema will break u and u will try anything.. but u will realize that it’s not about healing it but it’s about living with it and being aware that it only gets worse with age. save yourself time and money with this Healing nonsense.

Well to give us all some hope "let’s hope"

peace out

p.s hope is the mother of stupid;)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thanks i totally agree, as

get older i am more sensitive. Found that wearing cotton especially linen is a no no. Now i sleep in silk pyjama's that has helped. also bought some silk underwear that has been another help and keep my self well moisted with an emoilient, especially in the nether regions..no more splitting skin.

Rough cotton for me is a starter especially jeans , wool now i go more synthetic. Also check everything i wash with. so SLS in the ingredients. Sodium Laural Solfate..or sulfite. not sure on the spelling.

• Posted

Thanks for the answer I really appreciate it! I need to order myself some silk and give it a try! Maybe I can wear it on my head to bc today it started on my face. vaseline and myrrh oil currently giving me a little bit of a relief! taking also vitamin C supplement and need to buy vitamin C in form of oil and apply it directly on the skin!

good luck to you✌

• Posted

I have found that when I start getting an onset of eczema, I use abreva (I use Walgreens version). It dries it up and no pain. Hope this helps.

• Posted

i have nothing to lose so i will try it! thank you !! is funny over the years i have went to so many different creams, oils and medication. cetaphill eczema Relief is helping me but i have read that is not helping everyone! Vaseline for moisturizing and myrrh with jojoba oil for pain.

take care!

• Posted

Hi Empty,

I'm sorry to hear about your horrible battle with eczema and your loss of hope. But I will tell you that I led the same combat for 20 years to no avail, until I got cured over 6 years ago by taking inexpensive St. John's Wort (SJW) capsules. I only took them initially in hope of relieving myself from the stress and anxiety originating from many discouraging events, likely comparable to those you experienced yourself. I had no idea SJW would end up curing my severe atopic dermatitis conditions in advance, through mechanisms not likely related to its ability to help deal with stress in most people.

I won't promise you comparable results, because just like an aspirin works for the headache of one person and not for the other one, results will vary with any given substance on any given disease, from person to person. But I can confirm that it has worked on a few others whom I informed of the possibility, and who had lesions practically over their entire bodies, to the point that they could hardly sleep any longer. The key appears to have been perseverance (several months), and no intake of any other drug during SJW treatment.

I won't repeat all the science that suggests SJW can help with skin disease because you can easily find it all over the Net or in my own posts if you care to dig deep enough, but if you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability. Sorry to contradict you, but there are solutions out there, even if SJW itself may not necessarily end up working in your particular case. Like for most things in this world, there are rarely guarantees, but mostly possibilities, which is why hope remains.

Cheers,

Greg.

• Posted

I cured myself of excema in my early 20’s by a fluke. Since I was 7 years old I’d had eczema very bad on my hands, feet, face and crotch, especially my feet. One day while skiing I was so upset I went outside and stood in the snow barefoot. I stood there until my hot hideous feet melted all the snow all the way to the ground! A normal person could never have lasted that long standing barefoot on what is technically ice. The itching almost immediately stopped and in a matter of days after keeping my feet and effected areas cold, my excema went into remission. Since then anytime I have flareups I put my feet or hands etc in ice, the itching instantly disappears and if I keep my feet and hands cold and as dry as possible the eczema just goes away. The problem is heat!!! HEAT! Somethings messed up in our dna and it creates heat in the nerves or something which creates the itching blisters.

So fill some Ziploc bags with water and freeze them, hold onto them with your hands or in your butt crack, wherever. You’ll be surprised how long you can hold the ice pack. If the excema is bad enough you’ll be able to melt the whole bag of ice especially if the excema is on your hands. Put your feet in ice water. Put a towel next to the bucket and keep your feet as dry as possible once they’ve gotten cold. “Keep” the effected area cold. As cold as you can take it at first. If it’s on your crotch put two ziplock bags with cold water in between your inner thigh and your junk. You’ll notice the itching stops after a while. If you can take it colder do it but don’t freeze anything. If your inner thigh is cold, your junk will follow. And then you must keep those areas cool and dry for the rest of your life or it will return!!! And for heavens sake never ever scratch or rub your affected area! Scratching promotes the heat. It takes vigilance. You can’t let the tingle start again or it can come back in a matter of minutes. When I get the sansation and the itchy feeling I don’t care where I am, I kick off my shoes and socks and wag my feet around to get them cooled off. Then I immediately head for an ice bucket as soon as possible. Heat is the enemy. Oily creams and lotions don’t help and trap the heat. Keep your effected areas clean, dry and above all “cold/cool!” Eczema sucks!!!! This is how I cured myself. I’ve been excema free for 30 years.

• Posted

Hey Everyone,

So I thought I might share this as this is the only method of treating eczema that worked for me. Basically my son had full body red itchy rashes that drove him nuts since birth. Especially around the arm and leg joints. Turns out he was allergic to fish, egg, dust, cat and dog hair, grass seeds, pollen….. you get the picture.

I am an engineer and believe in the scientific method so I systematically trialled dozens if not 100s of creams, vitamins, bath lotions, .. yeah it took me about 2 years trial and error. My poor little fella. But I was determined to find something that worked. He is 14 now and no longer has eczema though this is probably due to him growing out of it.

So just a quick disclaimer. I am not a doctor and am not giving medical advice. I am just sharing what worked for me. I call this the Gadz method. 😊 Also, I cannot stress this enough, this method is not only about the creams and also ABOUT THE TIMING. My son’s eczema would result from the inside (what he would eat) and from the outside (what he would touch). I strongly recommend seeing an allergist and getting a skin prick test so that you can find out what to avoid.

You will need:

1.A body wash or bath oil that won’t dry or irritate the skin. - Use a well trialled one from a chemist or recommended by a doctor/dermatologist and not some snake oil or obscure substance from a naturapath. And no…. “organic” doesn’t necessary mean safe. Do not use soaps that will dry the skin or anything with perfumes or scents that smell nice. Bubble bath is a major culprit… Do not use it. If you do, this irritant will be locked under the paraffin cream. I used Pinetarsol and QV products but there a many different ones on the market.

2.A bottle of pure calamine lotion. - Get the biggest bottle you can. Doctors will say not to use this because it dries out the skin and they are right. But that is why the timing below is so important. You get the benefit without the drying.

3.A bottle/tub of pure paraffin cream. - Get the biggest tub you can.

The steps are as follows.

1.Avoid eating foods that he/she has a reaction from (duh). We don’t want the rash coming from the inside.

2.Bath your child (or shower) every night. Bathing is better as the skin absorbs more moisture.

3.Now the next few steps are the important ones and MUST BE DONE WITHIN 10MINUTES OF COMING OUT OF THE BATH/SHOWER. I put a thick towel down on his bed and he lay on that but I would sometimes do it while he was standing. Basically you are giving them two coats of paint in quick succession. 😊 I tried mixing them but you lose most of the soothing effect of the calamine. So two separate coats.

4.Cover him/her from head to toe in calamine lotion. Be generous, especially for the first week. Obviously do not get it in their eyes etc.

5.DO NOT LET THE CALAMINE LOTION DRY. If you do, it will dry out the skin and make things worse.

6.Cover him/her from head to toe in paraffin cream. Be generous, especially for the first week.

7.Let them dry off for a bit and then put their PJs on.

Yes they will look like a pink milky mess (as may be you and your towel). His PJs would be a little damp because of the paraffin on it but I think this actually prevents the PJs drying out the skin. By morning the cream had been rubbed away and wasn’t visible.

After doing this for one week, he stopped scratching during the day. I stopped the treatment and the rashes came back within a day or two. Now I am speculating here but I believe:

1.The calamine soothes the irritation/scratching.

2.The paraffin stops the calamine from drying the skin, locks in the moisture from the bath and creates a barrier against external allergens (to a small degree).

I really hope this helps someone.

Cheers, Gadz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.