atorvastatin side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, since taking atorvastatin I have had sleep problems, been agitated, depressed, muscle and joint pain, loss of sex drive and anxiety! My cholesterol is 4, changing my diet, and after not taking them for two days, my depression has slightly lifted!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Boofa - A cholesterol level of 4 seems very low to me, almost ideal. Why don't you go back to your doctor and discuss how you're feelings taking statins. Tell him what the side effects you are having and go from there. You'll feel better if the doctor is monitoring your condition.

• Posted

Hi boofa - i was poisoned over two years with atorvastatin @ 80 mgs. I threw them and the docs away four years ago - and it has taken me that long to recover. My suggestion to you is diet and exercise and don't let the docs scare-monger you with numbers. They have an ulterior motive. Statins are a gateway drug to other serious ailments including rhabdomyelosis (a muscle wasting disease), dementia and type 2 diabetes.

Detriments to my health included, but are not limited to: aching joints, inflamed liver, beginnings of type 2 diabetes, vit D deficiency, excema on back, chest and face, memory loss, phantom itches, fainting, hair loss. Skin looked like death - all issues snowballing into disaster as the docs denied, denied, denied. Criminal!

Diet should include olive oil, porridge, fresh fruits and vegs, salads, nuts etc. no processed foods, sugars, trans fats. Dairy can be used as there is now questions about whether it is as detrimental as earlier thought. 

Exercise - well i walk absolutely everywhere, and use weight training twice a week. 

I got better because i took charge. First heart stress test in more than 4 years shows my method works with excellent results. Good luck to you whatever you decide. Don't let them control you.

• Posted

Hi, yes thanks, definitely not taking them!
    • Posted

Hi wayne,

It is nice to read someone who has worked out the truth about statins.

I would like to throw this into the mix for people (everyone) who have been brainwashed about cholesterol.

Is everyone's body in the world indentical? if not why should everyone's cholesterol be identical? Cholesterol is needed by the body, it is a natural chemical which will go up and down as your body needs it.

When Ancel Keyes became obsessed about cholesterol, he wanted to be right about his theory, when the results did not stand up he took 7 out of 22 trials that he said, supported his research and ignored the other 15.

Ancel Keyes pushed his theory, he was one of these people who made people listen. Today's cholesterol rubbish and people's bad health come directly from him. The drug companies jumped on his bandwagon, the rest is history.

Check out his 'research'.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.