ATOS

Posted , 7 users are following.

I need help I applied for pip back in October but because I was late returning the form they refused my claim. I applied again and on Monday received a letter from DWP which took 5 days to get to me telling me ATOS would send me an assessment appointment. The next day a man turned up out of the blue say he had come for the assement. I was completely blind sided as I didn't know he was coming, I was ill he said " I can see this inconvenient I will get them to make another appointment. He then put me down as a failed assessment. When I rang ATOS they admitted that they have been having problems with the mail. I am devastated I have MS and was getting high rate mobility and high rate care and I'm really struggling really struggling I have two small children too look after. Has anyone else not received letter or it arrived to late?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

Yes, you're not the only one that this happens to. I advice you to ring DWP today, if you see this before they close at 6. If not then they open again tomorrow at 8. Tell them exactly what happened and ask them if your file has been returned from ATOS. This shouldn't have happened and they should not return your file because you didn't receive a letter with an appointment.

If you don't get any joy with the person you speak to from DWP then ask for a call back from a manager and they'll call you back sometime between 3-48 hours.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted and they will arrange another assessment. Good luck.

• Posted

This is not uncommon.I have come across these intimidating ,annoying deviancies many times.I know of people who have sent in photographs which were perfectly exposed ,sharp in detail and these claimants were shown in the examination parlour the images on the assessors monitor and neither the nurse nor claimant knew what the subject  matter was because of the mutilation by the D.W.P.So perceve what you wil,just make sure you have a credible witness or tape it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.