ATOS and PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive read lots of posts on this forum and replied to quite a few , does anyone really think they have been treated fairly by ATOS, if your ill your ill, why oh why are we kept waiting and waiting to be assessed, surely if your dr says TO ILL TO WORK that should be it after all thats why we have our drs and mine is is brilliant. ive been signed off work since nov 14 to ill to work,  had OH ASSESSSMENT TO ILL TO WORK, had 20WKS CBT TO ILL TO WORK, got PHYCIATRIST APP  next week and OH REVIEW ASSESSMENT if they say TO ILL to work  WHY should i be kept waiting for ATOS to give me assessment, surely drs , therapist etc etc have more clout with the DWP than ATOS. WHILE IM WAITING for all these appointments ATOS could of done an assessment, tbh while im waiting to have all these appointments the depression ,anxiey and stress are getting WORSE, wonder what ATOS will say when i FINALLY get an appointment lol. Please be honest DOES ANYONE OUT THERE FEEL THESAME AS ME, you wouldnt wait months and months to see a dr :-) xx

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayne I am really sorry to hear this. I waited only 2 months from my phone call to claim pip to getting my award. They where brilliant with me.

Xx

• Posted

hi barbara  i think it may have been you that i was chatting to, remind me what was your reason for claiming pip,  i think ATOS look at the forms and decide that those with depression will get better with meds and get put to the bottom of the pile regardless of the upset it is causing the claimant they then have the opportunity to say FIT FOR WORK  and the claim is rejected, correct me if you think im wrong, my income has been cut in half my husband is disabled im stuggling to meet household bills so waiting and waiting for someone to make a desicion is so depressing, hope we chat again soon hope you are keeping ok best wishes jayne :-) xx
    • Posted

hi Barbara had OH assessment yesterday very traumatic totally went to peices and today had Atos P I P assessment and again went ttally to peices even before getting in the room anxiety got the better of me, despite all the reading up and preparation i made it didnt mean anything. From the way the lady spoke reassuring me she appeared very nice what she looked like i cant say because of the build up of tears in my glasses i couldnt see her.My husband came with me otherwise wouldnt have gone good job really because he answered all questions for me while he cuddled me. The lady said she could see  how distreesed i was at having to make the journey and having face to face BUT! i think maybe thats it, got that feeling, she said she was going to send off paper work today that was it. dont hold out much hope that i will get any P I P. ALL THE BEST JAYNE X
    • Posted

Awww hun bless you I was totally the same. Hope your feeling better today. My son did all the talking for me. I really hope and pray you get what you deserve I heard within 2 week's hope yours is quick because the stress and worry of waiting is awful. I will keep everything crossed for you hun. Take care let me know when you hear xxx
    • Posted

thankyou Barbara i dont know you but its been great chatting to you. My employer has forbidden any of my collegues to correspond with me, she has covered up what a senior collegue done by getting H R to send me code of conduct, pity they didnt adhere to its contents, Enough of them got citizens advice doing a home visit coz ive decided to resign and want to know if i can do it while still signed of sick. If you dont mind me asking what did you claim P I P  for i think you told me but i cant remember and when you got awarded it was it backdated to the start of your claim. Do you mind if i keep in touch, coz apart from close family i have no one to talk to now. all the best to you take care jayne x:-)
    • Posted

Awwww hun cause we can stay in contact I will help wherever I can. I claimed on the 12th may and got my letter on the 22nd of June and they backdated it from the claim date 12th may. I resigned while I was on sick I had an horrendous time with my employer I used my last sick note as my notice. You can talk to me whenever you want too hun. Big hugs xxx
    • Posted

AWWWWW THANKYOU SO MUCH , YOU SEEM TO HAVE GONE THROUGH THE SAME BUT IM GOING TO RESIGN WHILE ON SICK STILL AS IM NOT FIT TO WORK AND I DONT THINK THEY CAN MAKE ME. MAYBE I WILL START TO RECOVER ONCE THEY ARE OUT OF THE PICTURE AND MY SYSTEM, IM NOT GETTING SSP THAT FINISHED IN MAY SO WHAT HAVE I GOT TO STAY THERE FOR. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 TAKE CARE  BIG HUGS XXXX
  • Posted

Answer is No

My Story sick from April 2014

Claim ESA and nothing else never had a letter from atos or anybody else thought it was odd so rang them and they said no gps in my area will do the medical interviews they can't get the staff to cover I'm owned money from my 13 weeks it's a Huge cock up by the government thousands are in the same situation as me and now week it's going to big cuts in benefits

• Posted

Do I think I have been treated fairly? NO

I have a certificate to say I have been awarded DLA for an indefinite period (for life) but they are still going to assess me for PIP.

That does not make sense to me.

I am still getting DLA at the moment but cannot afford to have it taken away from me and wait for their decision.

They started assessing people over 2 years ago, why is it taking them so long!!

You asked me to be honest so there you are.

Sarah

• Posted

thankyou sarah for your honesty, i havent even had assessment yet for p i p but i feel very let down by the system , i wish you the very best of luck :-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.