Atos medical

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have just received appointment for atos interview in January.  I am currently on esa suffering from depression and recently suffered a TIA. I am so scared and nervous of going...cant sleep worrying about. Have arranged someone to come with me as cant go on my own. But heard so many bad things am struggling to cope with going. Have suffered from depression for about 18months and tried to take my life before.  Just so worried and feel so alone..just keeps going round in my head 

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Awww💖💖💖Debbie relax Hunny I had mine today I was same anxiety panic attacks hot sweats goi g toilet and Belive me it's not as bad as you think, not sure how mine has gone as it was a fair walk and my mobility is bad I felt physically sick with pain after the walk, and was told I could of asked for a wheel chair but there was no one around to ask so that could of messed things right away who nos but the nurse who assets me was great didn't ask me many questions teally I was shocked I took lots of notes and she didn't read them so im just going think the worse and if it's good news i its a bonus I have fibromilgia please don't worry it's not as bad as you think good luck just enjoy christmas xxx
    • Posted

Hi Jackie how did you get on have you been given Full Esa and put in the support group.

I would really love to hear back from you .

Juleyxo

• Posted

Do not worry Debbie I was also concerned before my interview.I have Rheumotoid arthritis  and I was also nervous but if it is a genuine condition you have nothing to worry about.I was in so much pain on the day of my interview I was not even examined and I was only in there approx 10 min.If the interview is upsetting do not be afraid to cry and have your friend  comfort you.Also when answering questions make sure you only inform them of your worst days and no other which you will probably have a LOT MORE BAD DAYS than good.Well good luck I hope this has helped and try to have a great Christmas.PS THE INTERVIEWER seems very stern when you walk in but it gets better 
  • Posted

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Trying not to worry. ..think its hard to begin to explain how I feel to a stranger what I am worried about.i tend to just totally withdraw from the situation. guess I will just have to take it a breath at a time. 

Again thank you all for replies. Merry Christmas xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

That is fact, we are all strangers to one another, but we use the information that we have gain from our own experiences and other peoples opinions. I found, and gain friends on here over the months, okay we never see one another "face-to-face", but does that really matter, we are here to help each other.

Come to think of it, I have never really thought about talking to strangers, then again no one knows who or even where you are, unless you actually state in a Private Message, I certainly would not post my full address on here. Take your time, Debbie your not being seen until January, and believe me it's not that bad at a "face-to-face" interview is not that bad, you'll probably find it is quite different to what you imagined, most people worry over it - even I did initially, I even appealed against the decision and won the case. The main reason my award was stopped  was because of my own doctor at the time. I had just moved and my medical records were still at my old doctors, so my new doctor filled the DWP questionaire in that I was fine walking around and in no pain. When I found this out, I wrote to my new doctor demanding an apology and that he should contact the DWP regarding all my problems, and medications I was on. My new doctor couldn't apologise enough after I pointed out what he had done.

Anyway, Debbie have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Do not worry Debbie what will be will be.I have been om motability for about 20 yrs and I still worry about the medical.It is the media highlighting the government campaign against the disabled.Do not be scared to lay it on thick when you go.I am not saying lie but if you feel intimidated and want to cry you cry girl.The problem is we know we can not hold down full time employment but it is convincing the doctor the  trick they try is they ask if you will do half a day a week voluntary work and if you say yes just to placate the dr you will end up losing your disability component.Also revise the medical form you filled in because he will have it in front of him.I always make copies.Good luck and let me know how you get on .Please stop worrying at least for the holidays I know it is easier said than done. 
    • Posted

Hi Michael,

I just read that you have been on Motability for about 20 yrs, I assume you meant the Mobility Component of DLA, Motability is the Finance Company for fleet vehicles. I just wondered why the DWP has not put you on DLA indefinitely, I assume you are on DLA and not PIP? I have been on DLA Mobility Component High Rate and Care Component Middle rate for about 30 years, but that changed recently to the Care Component High Rate as well, since I have become worse over the years. Good advice about keeping copies of all documents sent to the DWP, any additional sheets you attach should also be copied.

I have given up the Mobility Allowance for a vehicle on the Motability Scheme, they also pay 50% of a holiday if you want to go away as well. I did not find that out until last year, but unless you visit their website or have their magazines, you wouldn't know. Our first car on the scheme was a Mini Metro, box-standard no electric anything - but it got us from A to B. The problem over the years is I needed to take upto 3 mobile aids, so small cars were out of the question, the latest car we have is a Mitsubushi ASX3 which looks like a 4x4, big car and a big boot - well we can squeeze in my wheelchair and quadseat-push and thats the boot full, we had to remove the parcel shelf that gets in my the way and no way of shutting the hatch. And, we had to pay a deposit of £499 for that car. We did look at a Kia Sportage, one problem - it was too big to fit though our drive gates even if we pulled the side mirrors inward. Gawd, knows what car we will go for next, we did look at a Outlander - but the deposits on these cars is ridiculous

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Debbie any news on hiw it went? Have you been?

Les did you Know you can ask Motability for a grant for the deposit on cars? I applied fir one for my mum x

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Yes, we've had many cars on the Motability Scheme and grants are available, obviously you have to have a good reason for wantting larger cars. I know you cannot apply for a grant on the deposit, if you want a feature packed car when there is cheaper alternatives available.

The car we got now, is okay but we need the drop kerb extended, this is someething we can get down through the council, because it damages the tyres over prolonged bumps, it was recently checked by Kwik-Fit - but the drop kerb on the right of our drive is high up, so trying to spin the car around when idiots park on the otherside of the road, makes it a tight squeeze. We are applying for a grant through the council to have the kerb done, and the driveway widened. At the moment there is only about 4-6 inches either side of car, so its a tight squeeze. The only reason we paid the extra was because we needed a larger car, but wasn't sure how large until all my aids were delivered. So, we paid the £499.99 so we had the extra space and heated seats (that may sound stupid, but on just trips to appointments it helps my back pain!), and after the past few cars we've had parking sensors which is a godsend these days!. The idea of an in-car dash camera seems a good idea, we've seen so many stupid drivers thinking its clever by lane-jumping or overtaking on bends its unreal.

Just a quick note, if you have a car on the Motability Scheme, they give you aa £250 incentive fee if you take your car back in good condition, wear and tear is included. They will also give 50% off any Haven holiday as well, not sure if you knew that. smile

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi to all my name is Sam have Fibromyalgia/CFS , I was diagnosed last October but was signed of in the January of last year  . I was a carer for the elderly and I was making mistakes and I had no choice but to give up work . I recieved sick pay up until April and then was advised to claim ESA which I did I was told quite quickly that I wasn't entitled to any money which was difficult to except as I had no money coming in at all . I then started a claim for PIP in October last year . I filled out the huge form with my daughter and waited for what seemed ages and I was told not to contact them but it had been months so I called DWP they said they had all paper work it was ATOS that I needed to speak to ,so I called ATOS they advised that the DWP took 4 months to send it to them and I was in a queue . Not long after I received appointment for assessment, I had to fight and write letters constantly to local MP to get home visit  . The assessment was unreal the woman would not listen to me and told me they don't want to know that she completely lied as I found out when I requested a copy of her report she had said I can blow my nose so I can't have awful pains in my hands , I don't rock backwards and forwards so I cannot be depressed , she changed the dose of amitriptyline that I take by half the dose and it went on , I checked the report and found this lady was a general nurse and I made a formal complaint against her for not being truthful and judging unfairly and used her power to abuse . This was in June and hadn't received a word back until yesterday in between this my claim was denied on her evidence as was my appeal not even low rate , I am in constant pain everyday I suffer vertigo continually and can't go out certainly not alone I feel very vulnerable and don't coupe with larges amounts of people . So I took my case to CAB who have been really great to me and I have a date for tribunal next month I am delighted but at the same time very worried about going to court not something one usually gets excited about . But yesterday a strange thing happened and I have know one to ask about it so I hope you can help , I received a phone call just after waking at 8.50 Monday morning from a nice lady from DWP who proceeded to say that no mater what happens in court I need to start a new claim now a month before the court date I said I don't think I could go through it again it's made me sick , she said I would get a home visit if I had one before and it will go through very quickly. Then she asked about the complaint against Assessor and told me to contact ATOS and make sure I continue with my complaint against her and she gave me there costumer service email so that I could do this I was advised my money would be back dated no matter what happens at court . I really don't know what to make of this and was hoping someone might know what this all means because I'm so confused with it all . I have applied again for PIP and am waiting for the form and have read your comments which will help when filling the new one so glad I found this site hope you can help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.