Atrial Fibrillation and Dijoxin

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mum was ill for 6 weeks starting with fluid on the lungs, then flu, pleurisy and urine infection. In the last 2 weeks before she went into hospital she had a urine infection then got worse couldn’t eat or drink because of nausea and ended up with AF and was then in hospital for 10 days where she ernt on to have a chest infection, she has heart failure but she is thankfully home now and slowly recovering  though extremely tired and can’t sleep properly. She is on Biprosolol and Dijoxin, frusemide,  lazartin and apixaban. Can any one help with the tiredness and how to combat that. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The tiredness will take time to recover and beatablockers will contribute to this until her body gets used to them, but it’s more likely that it her recovery from the other problems she’s had. 

Speedy recovery. 

• Posted

Hi, I am sorry their ofyour mothers problems. I am not familiar with all the drugs that your mother is takin

g, but know from personal experience that Bisopropol makes one very tired asides probably the other drugs.

Both my wife and I was switched to Atenolol which had no ill effects on us, I would suggest that you see here gp.

You an also look at all the leaflets in every box of pills and read what side effects they cause.

Goodl luck Ken.

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with AF 18 months ago after being taken into hospital with a very irregular heart beat, was put on Bisoprolol, Apixaban and Digoxin. The side affects  I have experienced are : tiredness although after about 3 months this did improve, muscle weakness which is very noticeable in my hands as I struggle to remove the tops from jars and when walking about the power in leg muscles suddenly diminishes and I have to sit down for a few minutes (its very difficult to explain), sleepless nights and lack of concentration. Having said all this I won't let it ruin my life and still do everything I want to (i'me 71), last year I went to Spain several times, cruised the Adriatic, toured Turkey, went on a 'Rock the boat' cruise and cruised from Genoa in Italy to Dubai........Getting the medication balanced and then getting on with life is the best advice. I hope your Mum feels better soon, you didn't say what age she is (AF can start at any age)

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for your help, my mum is 82 but was always a very fit lady for her age so finding the tiredness a bit of a drag, but you will inspire her to get out and about again once she has time to recover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.