Atrial flutter

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just found out that my atrial fib is now atrial flutter. can it make you get headaches? I'm worried because my blood pressure is higher than usual. I'm scared of stroke but am on pradaxa. any info on atrial flutter?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i was diagnosed with flutter 3 years ago. Its my understanding that its not as serious as afib. When i was diagnosed, my cardiologist put me on Multaq, Metropolol, and Aspirin. Im now off the Multaq, and just take 75mg of Metropolol and aspirin. I still feel my heart jumping around quite a bit, and it makes me nervous. As for headaches, I sometimes get them, but i dont know if its from the flutter. Yours could be from the high bp.

• Posted

I'm just a little freaked out by the whole new diagnosis. I had a cardioversion on Thursday of last week and my heart stayed in rhythm until Monday night. I returned to my doctor yesterday and now he wants to do another ablation. do you think I should be on BP medication? my doctor didn't recommend it.

• Posted

i dont have high bp, so Im not on medicine specifically for high bp. Im not a dr, but I would think if you suffer from it, your dr would want to treat it. As far as the ablation, my dr did suggest it, if I would consider it. I didnt because im scared to death of any medical procedures( lol) . He also told me that it may or may not work, but if it did, I wouldnt have to take meds again.

• Posted

how much aspirin do you take? I believe I have atrial flutter and afib but cardiologist hasn't captured it on monitor and won't put me on anything. Im so scared of stroke!

• Posted

I do not a take adpirin, just pradaxa. I would take just one aspirin a night after eating before my initial diagnosis. just a small dosage.

• Posted

yea mine won't put me on anything, so Im taking aspirin just for peace of mind

• Posted

I had atrial flutter for a bit and my cardiologist said it was an easy fix - right sided ablation. Easy because the surgeon doesn't have to poke the instrument through the inter atrial septum. So he did the procedure, my flutter went away. Then my afib came back and stayed, lo, these fifteen years. I have become weary of paying attention to it so I don't. Go and do likewise. Best of luck.

• Posted

can my behavior make my heart flutter? my doc said no, but I was a very excited Monday night when my heart went into aflutter

I was at the Monday night rams vs chiefs game and was screaming a lot. at least the rams won, so I guess it was worth it.

• Posted

how did they find yours?! I believe I have both caused by heavy drinking but my doc hasn't captured it on the monitor so je won't help me!!!! Im desparate for help

• Posted

they found my atrial flutter on a heart ekg in the doctors office.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.