Atrial Flutter getting worse?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to bed last night in flutter (which is usual) and normally it will wake me durning the night with my body vibrating. I wake up and it calms itself then I return to sleep. Last night, it wasn't vibrating, it was full on shaking and I couldn't wake up to stop it. I could feel my whole body violently shaking and it lasted a couple of minutes. Does any one else experience this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get that occasionally. Like you I have flutter at bed time and find it hard to sleep because of the thumping and vibrating. I take a strong painkiller if I feel that it's going to disrupt my sleep and that helps.

Only only or twice has it been so bad that I considered ringing for an ambulance but it eventually calmed down. Try drinking some water, that seems to help me.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm personally not into painkillers but I will take the water advice. I think this last one just scared the wits out of me. I've never had a seizure before but the shaking made me wonder. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this.

• Posted

Just an update:

I finally went on the medicine to control the flutter and I haven't had any vibrations or shakes since. My heart rate still gets high at times but at least the scary stuff has calmed down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.