Atrial Tachycardia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone get plain atrial tachycardia?  I've had A-fib, which is different and doesn't cause an increased pulse.  I had one previous episode of atrial tachycardia that lasted about 24 hours.  I was able to stop it with meditation.  I'm in another episode, now, for about 27 hours. Pulse is 110-115, constantly.  Meditation has not worked on this one, yet.  Electrophysiologist doesn't seem overly concerned.  I was wondering what various durations people have experienced?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have an implanted defibrillator, which has shocked me out of bad ventricle arrhythmias.  The EP can get a transmission over the phone about what is happening, instantly as well as historically.  He determined from this that it was atrial sourced.  It was not A-fib or A-flutter, which the devise will record.  I've been in A-fib almost 100% for years, with no symptoms.  Recent medicine changes has stopped all A-fib. Your pulse comes from your ventricles.  For me, A-fib doesn't affect the ventricles and pulse, it just fibrillates the atriums. A-flutter can affect the ventricle pulse in a ratio, perhaps two or three to one.  So, if my pulse is 100, the atriums may be going at 200 or 300. My devise shows no A-fib or A-flutter, nor ventricle tachycardia.  The only thing left is atrial driven tachycardia or sinus tachycardia.  My pulse of 110-115 is not substantially into the tachycardia range, so my devise doesn't even consider it an event.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this and how long it has lasted

• Posted

I have atrial tachycardia. Had an EP study that diagnosed it, no rentry circuit or anything, just a focal point atrial arrtyhmia. For me it usually gets my pulse up to about 180bpm. I've also had a pulseox meter read 240bpm but I don't know how accurate that was... For me it sometimes also degraded to a-fib, I went into afib during my EP study actually and they said it was from the same focal point. For me I have been able to stop it with a valsava manuever, or alternatively it usually stops on it's own in 15 minutes or so, usually quicker if I can lay down and stay calm. The location for me ended up being in a really tricky spot and he tried to ablate it and thinks he did enough damage to help but we're not entirely sure yet...

• Posted

Yes, I have atrial tachycardia and have had it last 2 hours and it just absolutely wears you out. Afib is the one that can cause strokes and blood clots.

try bathing your face in ice water, sometimes that will stop it. Try bearing down and grunting or hold your breath and then deep breathe and cough.

I am taking rythmol now, but the doctor says that won't be effective for long term and I might need another ablation. I had an ablation last October for SVT which was fixed.  I think the atrial tachycardia is not dangerous, it just makes you feel "crappy".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.