Atril Fibrilation advice to others who want to beat it

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I just signed up here. A couple of weeks back I had a 38 hour long atril fib episode (my first ever). It was pretty daunting as I was very aware of the feeling of my heart wobbling about thoughout this experience. im only 34 so its fairly unusual for someone my age to get this. I guess it shows what work stress (schoolteaching) can do. 

Just before I went under anasthetic for a zap to attempt to restore the rhythm to normal, and six hours after taking a beta blocker (Bisoprolol) it stabilsed itself and I was discharged without undergoing the procedure thankfully.

Although a bit weakened afterwards for several days which is not familiar to me as Ive always been fit and strong, doing a lot of sports, I have rebuilt my strengtht by following a health regime and strict diet.

I hope sharing the following ideas will help others who are in a similar situation to whaat I was get their health and confidence back, and become fighting fit again after their 'A-Fib' experience.

Whats true for me may not be for all but i'll bet that by following what I did you will see positive changes quite quickly so why not give it a whirl.

Take magnesium regularly. This calms the nerves for those who have stress related conditions. Chest pains disappeared and have remained gone since I started on this suppliment.

TakeCoenzymeQ10 this helps resore better electrical balance in the heart and assists those important cells.

Barley grass powder mixed with water (extremely alkaline, good for blood PH balance)

Homeopathic HGH, whilst contoversial to some, and not essential helps restore general vitality and has helped me.

Zinc, Calcium and Selenium are excellent.

L-Glutathione helps remove a lot of free radicals, cleansing the blood.

Pomegranite juice cleans the blood also with high ORAC value.

Muesli with lots of oats and almond milk

Avocados are very good for the heart.

Ive had all of these as well as cutting out all the below which i was having a lot of. The turn around in my health has been progressive and superb. You can fight back and keep A-Fib at bay for life if youre careful and avoid stress. 

Meditation, positive calm thinking and avoiding negative thought patterns really help. Below are what I recommend to avoid.

Things to avoid. 

All caffeine(I was on 10 cups of tea per day....just too much), salt, cows milk, flour and SUGAR especially, Cooked fats and having very much fat. (go for a largely raw food diet if you think you can hack it.

If anyone wants to chat to me about this or add anything, please feel free to get in touch.

Wishing you all well, and live each day with joy and excitement. 

Ben

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Thanks, Ben.  Will try what you recommend as it all makes sense to me.  R.I.P. my sweet tooth!

pam

• Posted

Thanks for your comment Pam,

I really hope its helped you. I have a very sweet tooth so Ive turned to organic halva as a substitue for chocolate.

Ben

• Posted

Interesting advice thanks for that!!

I feel after years of ectopict and irregular beats and a family history of AF, that I'm always on the very of AF so if I can head it off or at least minimise the risk I'll do all that I can!!

Where do you get your homeopathic HGH? And what is it called?

• Posted

, Thank you Ben have already cut caffeine and alcohol but hadnt associated sugar and milk with episodes - will have a try but chocolate is going to be a really hard  one to give up!!
    • Posted

The RGH we get in most milk as well as other elements in milk isnt good for us, hence so many people being allergic, and sugar encourages all kinds of critters (yeasts) to thrive in our blood system (apparently cancer cells love sugar too). 

Chocolate is my weakness too. But a little treat here and there cant be bad smile

Ben 

• Posted

Why would Human Growth Hormone help AF? Even in diluted form and at $84.95 for a months suppy?

• Posted

Hi Derek, 

No guarantees of course, but when you think about the fact that 5 % of 70 plus and 10% of 80 year olds have AF clearly ageing factors increase the conditions that AF can come from. There is usually significant deficiencies in HGH around these ages. Im a little early but I found it helped in the mix of things Ive taken. The best difference came from Magnesium I found. Apparently it actually helps your heart rebuild itself over times and it is calming for the nerves.

Ben

• Posted

Gosh Ben, your information was very interesting.  But where do I get some of this stuff ie. chemist, prescription or health food shop?  I only have one cup of coffee a day and 4 cups of tea so I don't think that is too bad.  Just bought a Nutribullet so going to see if an uptake of more fruit will help.  I do have a sweet tooth!  I have noticed that chocolate seems to be a no no sadly as I always get ectopics after consuming some.
    • Posted

Hi Diana, all of it has come from health food stores. Healthy lifestyle and juicing/ blending fruits is a great idea too, although too much fruit sugar can be acidic and cause glucose spikes so I would Stick to vegetable consumption over fruit maybe just sweetening it with a couple of apples or something. Shame about chocolate, I sure love the stuff. Have turned to halva with cacao now so I seem to be fine with it. If chocolate sets you off it could be the caffeine in it, suggesting that you may be a bit sensitive to it. Perhaps swapping coffee and tea for calming camomile would help you strengthen your heart or could go decaf. But I've always believed decaf still has some caffeine in, although I may be wrong. I really didn't like camomile to start with but it's grown on me because it had to and I love it now. Apparently camomile has been shown to inhibit tumour growth too. I'd go for non stimulating herbal teas leaving out liquorice and peppermint tea also as they have a stimulating effect in spite of being caffeine free.

Wishing you well on having a strong heart and a healthy life. Magnesium is the best of all I'd say so if you're not on it I think you'll really notice some positives from taking it. Everyone should take magnesium as mist of us are a bit deficient in it. Oats and Mackrell are good natural sources. Avoid farmed fish though ad they can have mercury in them as well as a few other nasties. I'm lucky as I live right by the sea smile.

Ben

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.