Atrophic Vaginitis

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

I'm suffering from AV due to menopause. I can't take estrogen because I have had breast cancer. Does anyone know of a product available that will help that does not have estrogen? I'm miserable! Thanks for any help.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Same here. Breast Cancer, can't take HRT, and vaginal estrogen does not help. Doctor is recommending the new MONA LISA TOUCH procedure. Sounds amazing!! three 5 minute laser procedure helps build new blood vessels and healty vaginal tissues. FDA approved in 2014 so insurance does not cover yet......they def will in the future. Trying to determine if it is worth it for me. Any one out there done it? Thoughts?

• Posted

I am 68 and have had breast cancer, used Vagifem and topical Estriol etc etc nothing worked. Suffered over a year til I found the Mona Lisa. I had three treatments with much improvement but it takes quite a while to work. I still had to use vagifem after but could cut it back quite a lot.  My atrophy was really bad rated 9-10 out of 10. After three treatments it was down to a six. I go back for my yearly treatment this week and I really am getting bad again. The Dr. said to call for the yearly one when symptoms developed. Couldn't get in for two months they are so busy. I always felt that I could have used at least two more treatments besides the initial three. I am going to ask about that if my atrophy is bad again. One treatment may not do it.  There are several people on this site that have had it . I think there is a separate string just for the Mona Lisa discussion. The prices really can vary. I pay $500 each but some places charge $800 or so. I think it is worth it. Some of these creams etc may work better if the atrophy isn't too bad. I am a widow so I didn't realize the problem til it had progressed a lot. Mona Lisa may work faster and last longer if you aren't so awful bad too.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.....I think mine is pretty bad, but the doctor did not give me a number. He did say mine was just "inner".....I understand that it can affect the out part too.....and then of course its a bit more invasive of a procedure and costs more. The cost for the 3 treatments is 1,995.00. I hate to spend the money, but it sounds like it does work. I will look for some of the other posts and again thank you for responding. Darn getting older, and darn to cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.