atrophic vaginitis

Posted , 10 users are following.

sad I am vagifem for the second time after a break of 3 mths . But the itch is still really bad at night and i am makeing myself very sore my sex life with my husband is zero can anyone help is there any cream i can use as well as the vagifem i know about ky jelly for the dryness it is the itch i need to stop my GP is no help at all it is really getting me down now. I am 53 but feel much older with this menopause.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI - like you I am back on vagifem after a break (I am 60 years old) and also like you find the itching at night unbearable and sex is totally out of the question. Which as yo say makes you feel old and is quite a devestating feeling, which I am sure most doctors (including women doctors - who are often too young to understand) fail to grasp.  I have tried 'Yes' oitnment (available on Amazon) which has helped to some degree.  I am still worried about using vagifem as have suffered with high blood pressure for many years, which I have only just got under control, and do not want it to go sky high again, or cause me to have a stroke. I believe there is an increased risk when using vagifem.  If you discover anything that helps please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.