Atrophic Vaginitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Saw gynae about my problem with constant burning and feeling of UTI and all tests came back clear.  Also saw a urologist with the same issues but with trace of blood in urine he said av can cause this.  So far have been reluctant to try ovestin cream again.  Anybody has any success using the cream? It is so umcomfortable down below.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I started with Estrace cream and it made things about 50% better then I stated using Yuvafem recently and I'm at abut 75% better . Still have days of burning and feeling of UTI though

• Posted

Hi Marie, does it burn during urination or right after?

I have the issue of burning or stinging right after not during....I feel like it's neurological as it's not every time I go. I can go for days without any burning, then it comes back. I can take a shower and wash the area and it will feel like a stinging or burning sensation, but right after I wash, not while I'm washing...lasts only a few seconds then goes away...then the next shower nothing...I've been tested for every thing at gyn, everything negative. I'm going to go to neurologist next. I just thought I would put out there that sometimes it's not gyn related. Good luck and hope u feel better!

• Posted

Hi Karen

It does burn when I pass urine.  I have got a burning sensation like uti's all the time and lower abdominal discomfort manageable.  I have been given the all clear gynae and urologist as well.  So I have to accept it is AV very reluctant tot ake hormone cream so am trying replens to see whether it will ease the discomfort. Kathry what natural remedies are you taking?

• Posted

I self referred myself to Gynaecologist as fed up of constant burning and soreness down below was diagnosed with VA and given vagifem symptoms ceased but I had to discontinue with vagifem after three was due to swollen glands in the arm pit region have resorted to natural remedies coping at the moment take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.