Atropic Vaginitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Interesting, as I forgot to mention I also had intestial problems. The year befor I  had H- pylora and was treated but then got gerd. It was severe stress causing it but every time my gerd was bad my dry burnig vagina also acted up. Is there also a relationship between the gut and other health issues.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had acid reflux and stomach issues about 1 year before vaginal atrophy was diagnosed. It had resolved,then I got the VA.
  • Posted

Hi Phyllis

Yes I too have had gut problems and recently diagnosed as a hiatus hernia does make you wonder when there are so many co-incidences

• Posted

I'm new here but also have stomach issues. Seems everything started after my stomach issues began.

• Posted

As I have posted on other threads, try drinking kefir. It is like a yogurt drink that contains many live cultures. Might get you body in balance. Good bacteria will get bad staff under control. In the US it can be purchased at many large grocery stores or health food stores. You can google to learn more. Can't hurt.

My intestinal problems started with menopause. The AV started some time later.

• Posted

Thank you, I just bought some for the first time last night. I will drink 1 cup on an empty stomach right before going to bed.
    • Posted

Ok, you simply must tell me if it helped you. Hugs,

Sbb

• Posted

The fact that our bodies are getting old doesn't help. Add to that the lack of hormones and it's difficult to figure out what is actually causing what. No doubt people develop more digestive issues after 50 than before. I always had sensitive intestines, but they seemed to go beserk after menopause. Have tried many things. Psyllium and kefir were the most effective. Not sure what if anything kefir will do for a hernia. Basically it repopulates what good bacteria are missing from your gut due to antibiotics use (or maybe they die off with age?). Can't do any harm. Like drinking yogurt, but with more probiotics in it. Healthy! Report back if you try it. Am curious to know if it helps people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.