Attendance Allowance

Posted , 4 users are following.

For those that don't know what this is or was - it is/was broadly similar to DLA except that there is no Mobility element.

My back story - I lost my DLA when the offer to go for PIP came through earlier this year (January).- I am 68 so cannot re-claim PIP as I'm too old.

The DWP were supposed to send out a claim from for AA if the DLA is removed - no form received (this was 8+ weeks ago). Telephoned the  DWP who said that there was no point in making a claim for AA as everything is on hold with no new applications being accepted as it was likely that the budget (2 weeks ago) was to scrap AA altogether.

There was nothing in the budget!!!  Does that mean that I can apply for Attendance Allowance now? What about the back dating to when I lost the DLA?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi les59996,

I am getting mixed signals Les. First off your a law abiding paid up member of the honest brigade. Then you admit to spying on honest citizens to try to find the dishonest ones ,next your admitting to the authorities that you would deal drugs if the situation was correct, in your opinion, not theirs! You have mentioned your GP may be taking "official bribes" (commission ) to force you to take unnecessary drugs, you use an unregistered mobile phone to carry out your shady dealings.

Don't panic les59996 only my sense of humour, is that a knock on your door???

• Posted

Yes put it like that it does sound like that I am very confused. To be honest I am. You see I try to deal with things as I used to before I was injured and get angry, upset and confused when it does work that way anymore. I have had it explained to me many times as has my wife, but it is extremely difficult after all these years since that I still don't even recognise me anymore.

I should imagine it is much like having a brain transplant but still retaining the original memories.

So sorry for the confusion - I know what I mean but have difficulty actually expalining things.

• Posted

Hi les59996,

Don't worry,your not alone. Most people on this site have been through the mill. I was a successful self employed decorator who at 61, back in 2011, was looking forward to retirement and those glorious years of holidays, travel and doing whatever I pleased. Then, bang, an accident at work. No longer able to work I lost everything that I had worked for. My business, my credit worthiness and eventually my pride and self belief, then a complete mental breakdown. Having to try to get back on my feet wasn't easy,I damaged my spinal cord and can be parylised at any time by the simplest of falls or knocks. Then in January I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma skin cancer. No more sitting in the garden enjoying the sun , one of the very few pleasures left.

Yes, it can leave you feeling bitter, angry, upset and at a rage with the world, but as my councillor said to me ,it's no good ruminating you have to manage each day as it comes.

Not easy with the shambles of a benefit system that we are faced with daily, that's why I try to inject humour into my moans, it works for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.