attendance allowance rules

Posted , 3 users are following.

I receive attendance allowance for my cancer and spinal stenosis. I am able to do some part time work but will this effect the attendance allowance?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Eligibility

You can get Attendance Allowance if you’re 65 or over and the following apply:

you have a physical disability (including sensory disability, eg blindness), a mental disability (including learning difficulties), or both

your disability is severe enough for you to need help caring for yourself or someone to supervise you, for your own or someone else’s safety.

Conditions

You must also:

be in Great Britain when you claim - there are some exceptions, eg members and family members of the Armed Forces

have been in Great Britain for at least 2 of the last 3 years

be habitually resident in the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands

not be subject to immigration control (unless you’re a sponsored immigrant)

There are some exceptions to these conditions if you’re living in another European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.

Assessments

You might get a letter saying you need to attend an assessment to check your eligibility. The letter will explain why and where you must go.

At the assessment, you’ll be asked for identification. You can use a passport or any 3 of the following:

birth certificate

a full driving licence

life assurance policy

bank statements

Further details can be found on the gov uk website, just enter "attendance allowance eligibility" in Google to the details.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thanks Les but i cant find any info on working and in receipt of attendance allowance.
    • Posted

Hi Jim,

Yes you can with Attendance Allowance it is more flexible than most benefits.

For example:  It is not means-tested. It can be paid regardless of your income, savings or National Insurance contribution record.

It is tax free.

You can get Attendance Allowance even if you are working or studying.

There are no restrictions on how you can spend your Attendance Allowance money.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les how are you today?

Do you know if you can get attendance allowance for 70% deafness and work full time, I have a disabled free bus pass and discounted train pass I pay for for my hearing loss, just wondering?.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.