Attention women!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have very painful arthritis in both thumbs in the main joint. it's gotten down to the point where it's too painful for me to take my bra off at the end of the day . I cannot reach my thumbs around and unhook it. I've been twisting it around to the front and that helps but it's hard to twist it when I can't get a good grip. anyone have any advice or tips for me?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I really sympathise, I have the same problem with my thumbs and I also have ruptured bicep tendons so getting my arm around back in the first place is almost impossible. Have a look at pull on bras (JML do a version, or QVC etc) or front opening bras - although I didnt get on well with a front opening one. I often end up sleeping in my bra because I couldnt get the stupid thing undone.

• Posted

I've got arthritis all over but my hands do give me problems. I still swear by my ultrasound machine. I'm betting thumbs will benefit from ultrasound. Mine is sonic Relief but there are others on the market too. Just a quick 10 minute hit and the swelling and pain goes way down. Also, pull over bras if you have the bust size for it (I'm on the small side). Or, let the girls go! LOL

• Posted

crystal, what type of ultrasound machine do you have ,? brand, model #, etc. i have terrible pain in my thumbs, wrists, fingers, forearm. i have tried everything...but not ultra sound . thank you

• Posted

Hey Donna - I have a Sonic Relief. They have their own website. I've had one for years and pull it out nearly once a week for different aches and pains mostly arthritis. it's a godsend! You get a medicated gel with it. Worth a try if you've tried everything else.

• Posted

hi everyone,

Over the past 6 months i have gone through an iterative design process to design a simple, easy to use, affordable frame for a kettle or coffer maker for those suffering from arthritis.

It would be wonderful if some people could give feedback, good areas and things to improve about this design for a later model.

Thanksimageimage

• Posted

Hi henry,

I think you have made a very unique product and it looks fully functioning.

One thing to add may be a customisable aspect of the design, maybe with a unique colour scheme with decorations. (Just a suggestion!)

Thanks, james

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.