Atypical Chronic Fatigue

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,

Has anyone else been given the label of 'atypical chronic fatigue'? I went to an ME clinic a few weeks back and the man there told me that I didn't have ME/CFS because I did not meet enough of the criteria, eg I don't suffer with loss of concentration or memory problems. My symptoms that i've had for at least 3 years are excessive daytime sleepiness, frequent headaches, night-time urination, feeling shaky/light headed if I exert myself too much sometimes eg hoovering/going for a walk after I've slept for a long period.

My GP basically said they don't know why I'm suffering like this and that it would be 'psychologically harmful' for me to continue my quest for a diagnosis. I just feel like if my body is telling me there's something wrong I should do everything in my power to find out what it is, it seems a bit of a cop out to say 'meh we don't know'!

Anyone else been given this atypical label or have any wisdom to offer? smile

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sorry that I seem to have made your anguish worse, by my last comment....I don't mean to say that "you have .......(Fibro or any other Diagnosis) "....I can't diagnose over the Internet....my talking re the same symptoms that now have, and I had over the period in the 90's are similar to what you are experiencing now...the shaking/feeling weak etc...only that these were preludes to my present situation.   Also adding that not all of us have Cognitive Problems....I feel my mind/memory and ability to write/research etc are just as good as they were 30 years ago....each person who does have any of these conditions that fall under the "chronic pain/fatigue/weakness", don't all have the same symptoms, and not all at the same time.  I do apologize re this  misunderstanding.......hoping that you do find what is your problem, and find the appropriate help that you are seeking......Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.