Atypical , Tingling in the head right side head hurts

Posted , 2 users are following.

only been on Carbamezipine for a few weeks all my syptoms where right sides. massive headache , eye, jaw. noae. ear pain was extreme as you all no.. Havent had any pain for 5 days now. Has anyone had the top of there head hurt them while taking this med. Doctor has increased my dose to 1200.While on this med have you been in remission based of the dosage. Any answers are very much appreciated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrea

Sorry you have to go through this awful pain.

I have been a sufferer for over twenty years. My doctor prescribed me Tegretol (carbamazepine) of which I started on 200mg and it didn't even touch the pain. Eventually it took 1200mg a day plus amitriptyline at night to stop the pain altogether. I went into remission for 9 months after being on the meds for 9 months and that was my history. Then when I retired I was in remission for 6yrs. It was sheer bliss.

I can't say I recall having the top of my head hurt whilst taking the meds. But everyone is different with side effects. Once the meds settle into your system you may find it stops. If not go back to your GP and he may try you on something else.

My TN returned last year and I was put on Tegretol automatically, but this time it didn't work and I had side effects. I was put on two other different tabs that still had the same effect. Eventually Lyrica worked for me. It was around 9 months when I finally went into remission, only this time it only lasted about 4/5months and now it's back. I'm having to gradually increase the dosage.

I've had sharp shooting pains all through my lower teeth like electric shocks. This time around it shot through my right ear too. At the moment my right side of my face is stinging, and my teeth are aching. The tablets I'm on at the moment also make me drowsy. But I'm on 100mg at the moment and it's not even touching the pain. I think it will take the full dosage before there is any relief.

Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Gloriana

• Posted

Thank you so very much for replying to me. I am sorry your TN has come back. You gave me hope that I might need to be on this medicine for awhile before my Atypical Facial goes into remission. You are right I am going to take this medicine for a few more days if the headavhe continues I will change the medicine my N
    • Posted

Neurologist said their are a few different meds to try. I am sorry i must of hit the reply button.I hope they find a dosage for you that works. Also i pray this time when it goes into remission it does not come back. Bless you.  Andrea 
    • Posted

Thank you Andrea

I know what you mean about hitting the reply button before we finish, I've done that too lol.

Do you feel any pain trying to break through since you've been on the 1200 mg? 

I used to get the odd twinge when I was on the high dosage, that told me it was still there. After about 8months being on the meds, I started to reduce to the dosage weekly until I was off them. That was the only way I knew it had gone. If the pain was still there after trying a week or two on a lower dosage, then I would have increased back up. But for me the 9months history was my sign.

But as you're new to this I would see how you get on for a few months maybe. Take into consideration that everyone is different though. But this is merely a suggestion.

How do you feel now?

When a dr said I could increase my meds and jump up 50mg instead of 25mg, I ended up feeling really bad with the side effects, so I'm staying on the 100mg a day for now until I can speak to my own dr.

Bless you too,

Gloriana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.