AUD

Posted , 5 users are following.

i told someone to look up AUD on line tonight. It's not recognised. Someone who is against aa and suffering 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you google Alcohol Use Disorder instead of AUD it comes up. How on earth can you be a failure when you're trying to help someone? You're a kind hearted person who helps others, including me 😄😄😄😄
  • Posted

My replies keep disappearing. Google alcohol use disorder instead of AUD and it comes up. AUD top hit is Australian dollar lol 
  • Posted

If you search 'AUD' on Google, as VickyLou said, you get lots of results related to Australian Dollars. However, if you persist to page 6 of the results, you find one which relates to Alcohol Use Disorder and is the link to THIS page smile How do you feel creating the top listed link in the world to THIS particular AUD, Paper Fairy? smile
  • Posted

I just looked this up...seems like a less degrading name for what is truly going on ALCHOLISM. sad
    • Posted

The terms 'alcoholism' and 'alcoholic' are ones I never use. They have all sorts of negative implications and I associate them with the bad attitude of society towards people who have this disorder. 'Alcohol Use Disorder' is more of a medical term, to recognise that there is a physiological aspect to the condition and that it is NOT a lifestyle choice that people make.
    • Posted

I hate the word or label alcoholic. Maybe some form of denial. I always say alcohol dependant or alcohol use disorder.
    • Posted

I call myself an alcoholic,only because my mother never admitted it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.