AUD VIDE

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

anyone following my discussions, will be aware of how good Paul Turner's video on AUD is.

Several people have shown an interest in it, and I've had loads of pms regarding how to find it.

I know Joanna has pmd people, so after checking with Paul first, if anyone wants to watch it you can access it by

Google Paul Turner AUD video

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Is anyone else having problems with the site.?

ive had posts disappearing, duplicate ones, and difficulty in replying to posts

• Posted

Google (or search on You Tube) 'paul turner alcohol'. That will find it easier than 'aud'
    • Posted

Thank you Paul for your brilliant video!  I watched it and sent it to 2 close friends.  Its so kindly put and takes away the awful stigma of being an 'alcoholic'. Going to choose the time to get my husband to watch it.  I cried at times because I've been so frustrated at being misunderstood and your words and accurate understanding was a relief.  Thank you xxx
  • Posted

I think I just watched it... a talk/presentation at an educational establishment in London? (not sure how much I can say on here sad )

It was informative, however she didn't mention side effects, and I also believe I have read that once started, the drug has to be taken for the rest of your life?  If so, is that just when you plan to have a drink?

• Posted

I think that would have been Claudia Christian's TED talk you watched Sue smile

• Posted

yes :D

But my other comments "...side effects, and I also believe I have read that once started, the drug has to be taken for the rest of your life?  If so, is that just when you plan to have a drink?"

?

• Posted

Yes Sue. You only take the drug in advance of drinking. If you are not going to drink that day, you don't take a pill smile
    • Posted

Hi

She is a he!

you only take the tablet on the days you intend to drink, wait 1 or 2 hours and then you have your drink.

Im sure Joanna who is the expert, along with Paul, will advise you in more depth.

• Posted

Sorry sue, I thought you were talking about Paul who's definitely male!

i replyed to your other post. Realise now it was Claudia you were referring to

• Posted

Agree with you Vickylou...excellent video and thank you Paul for helping people realise we have an illness and aren't just failures ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.