AUD Video

Posted , 8 users are following.

Many thanks Paul for telling me to show my husband your video and the great results it achieved.

My daughter had watched the documentary on tv (can't remember what it was called). After seeing your video, she said it was 100% better than the tv one. She even said that all gp's should have a copy and listen and learn!! and why don't alcohol services use it.

She is a registered manager of a care home for people with mental health problems, four of her residents suffer with AUD, and two with Kors

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky

I found it and found it refreshing I think,yes that's the right word lol.

But I still think people will think we are weak individuals and it's our fault for picking up that first drink in the first place

• Posted

Hi Nicole

its people who don't know what they're talking about who think we are weak and it's all self afflicted. My husband used to say you bought it, you made the decision to go and by wine. No-one made you, it was your choice, you've got no willpower.

after watching the video he understood a lot more, but yes to a certain people will have their views and nothing will change them. I can do without them in my life and don't care what they think anymore. All the important people in my life now know it's an illness, anyone who thinks different can f*** off and do one, I don't need them

• Posted

That's great news Vickylou. Going to get my children to watch it as well as parents. Thanks Paul 😇
  • Posted

I watched it today and sent the link to several close friends.  It's brilliant.  xx
    • Posted

It is excellent isn't it.

My family had no idea. Turned my life around after my husband watched it and showed my kids and partners

• Posted

Vickylou, have you seen Claudia's TEDx talk? That's another good one. Googling:

Claudia Christian "overcome alcoholism"

brings the youtube video to the top of the list.

• Posted

Had selincro for a couple of months, but haven't dared take it because of possibility of side effects

but just took one now........... and am a little scared tbh.  I already suffer from nausea, digestive problems and have difficulty sleeping at times, so am concerned how this will go sad

• Posted

If you have bad side effects tell us.  I did and the advice on here was brilliant.  Dont suffer alone xx
    • Posted

Yes ADE I saw it last night, that too was very good.
    • Posted

There's also Naltrexone, though getting it on NHS is a bit tricky as I understand. Hopefully the Selincro will work out for you and any side effects will pass quickly. Did you take it with food and plenty of water? Keep us up on how you're doing with it when you get the time!
    • Posted

Yes have had a meal.  drinking tea at the moment.

feelibg very odd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.