Aura Migraine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.

I’ve never really suffered with migraines. I had one last year with the auras but after 2 data never had another.

Today I suffered in the morning again an aura headache. This went with pain killers but tonight I’ve had another.

Is it normal to have 2 in the same day?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes don't worry, sometimes one aura can follow immediately after another even if it's on the same side. You can also have both hemispheres of your brain having an aura on the same day.

• Posted

I have been in menopause for 6 years and have horrendous migraines almost daily. No medication helps. I have admitted to my doctor I am suicidal and cant do this for much longer.

• Posted

its probably the same migrane attack just coming back, i have chronic migrane. if you dont normally have migrane and you have had a change maybe worthwhile getting checked over. also if you have had migrane with aura some contraceptives you should not be on it should now be progestegen only aswell if you have ever had migrane with aura

• Posted

Thank you. I’m actually going to the gp today so will mention it.

I actually found out I was pregnant last week so perhaps that could have caused it?

It’s just scary stuff when it’s your vision

• Posted

oh congrats ! yes that seems like it could be connected although GP hopefully managed to help . I know the first time it happened to me i didnt have a clue what was happening its horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.