Autoimmune and echinecea

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone , I have cutaneous lupus and Sjogrens . Just came down with a terrific cold. My dr told me to buy airborne . I was looking at ingredients and it has echinecea. I have heard in the past that if you have lupus or autoimmune diseases that you should not take echinecea . Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated . 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My daughter developed Lupas at 13 yr old When she developed a cold Which is often Or feels really run down she drinks echinecea tea It makes her feel much better She is now 29 She does use airborne as well Not sure why you cant have the echinecea But it really helps my daughter Hope things go well for you 
  • Posted

Personally I would do research and ask different medics and chemists before making the best choice - I'm rheumatoid disease and sjogrens

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.