Autoimmune? Any advice, please!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a couple year struggle of several different medical issues, and I'm wondering if the reason I have had no resolution for any of them is if they may all be linked? My individual issues have been as follows:

Severe joint pain - I have surgery on my shoulder (assumed to be a sports injury), I've done physical therapy and chiropractic's for both my hip and back (I have 3 bulged discs in my back), I have tried everything under the moon for TMJ - mouth guard, appliances, now I'm going to see a surgeon at UofM for surgery.

Kidneys - I've had consistent pain in my lower back. I wake up at least three times a night to pee and until I do my back is in immense amounts of pain.

I've had numerous skin issues - the most common is a rash across my cheeks, but then I've gotten sores on my face, leg, and neck. We've treated these as acne, cysts, and shingles. They still come back.

I've had issues with my eyes, my memory, terrible headaches.

Blood work - my doctor did blood work and I had an ESR of 29mm and a CRP high sensitivity of 10.463mg/L. My ANA came back negative, though. He is contributing these high results to getting my gallbladder removed a year ago and said their may be infection left over.

I am only 25 and I have a 1 year old boy at home. I work full time and also run a photography business. I am much too busy to be in immense amounts of pain so consistently. ANY advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Barbie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi landy,

So sorry you are going through this. This has been my first year and I have not been completely diagnosed. like rocky, i feel you should be seen by a Rheumotologist. He/she will run the appropriate tests and provide you with the medical help you need. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.