Autoimmune confusion

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey all, I've kind of been lurking for a while and posting here and there in other groups! I've been sick for going on seven months now and my symptoms are so debilitating that I've cut my hours in half at work, and some days I can't get out of bed after sleeping 12 hours. I have a myriad of crazy symptoms that come and go but here are the worst and most persistent:

- crippling fatigue

- tachycardia

- hives without a trigger I can find

- joint pain

- loose stools

- muscle twitches/spasms

- floating sensation/early morning dizziness and clumsiness

- occasional high BP

I had a low tired positive ANA, a positive rheumatoid factor, and a high level of thyroid antibodies. My endo confirmed Hashimoto's, but ruled out my symptoms as related since my thyroid levels are all perfect. The only other thing that shows up in my blood is that my RDW is usually high, occasionally you can catch mild anemia (not always), and any time I've been tested for uric acid it's been high.

My primary doctor decided it wasn't autoimmune based on a test that is one of the only autoimmune tests that only shows up positive if you have RA and put me on Cymbalta for fibromyalgia and referred me to a cardiologist. The Cymbalta has not made a dent in my symptoms at all, and I'm sure this is related!

I asked for a referral to a rheumatologist but I can't get in for another month. What should I ask them to look at? Any and all advice is so much appreciated!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nonameslob,  Hashimoto is a auto immune disease. I know, I have ALS and Hashimoto is apart of it. I don't want to scare you but a few of your symptoms are alike mine.Except tachycardia and Hives. But ALS is rare to get so you most likely don't have it. Hopefully you don't have ALS but If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.