autoimmune diseases

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am wondering if a person is more liking to get PMR if they have or have had other autoimmune diseases. For example I also have alopecia (where the hair falls out in spots). I’ve had this for many years. I also have asthma which is also an autoimmune diseases. So I am asking who else had other autoimmune diseases prior to getting PMR?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Shortly, after my first bout of PMR 24 years ago I developed severe allergies. I have bad hayfever and have a host of environmental allergies. I take allergy tabs everyday. I have Raynaud's syndrome and lichen plantus. I am always cold in the winter and when under stress, I break out in lesions similar to cold sores in my mouth. These are all auto immune diseases. My maternal side seems to have a host of auto immune diseases, Crohn's and Hashimoto to Skogjen's. I have recently recovered from a flare up of PMR after 9 months of prednisone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.