Autoimmune mystery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I write to you all for some hope.

I am a 26 year-old female. About 8 years ago I started to develop some photosensitivity. When I am in the sun for over 10 minutes (even through my car window) I break out in very itchy red little bumps on my arms, chest, stomach and legs. I then had a significant pain in my right side, all my tests came up normal for years, except finding a hiatal hernia. Eventually, they removed my gallbladder and found it was significantly scarred. Shortly after, I developed severe gastroparesis. I have mild joint swelling, a muscle weakness. I cannot exercise without feeling like I am going to pass out. I have also not had a menstrual cycle in 2 years.

I have had a lot of blood work, resulting in a positive ana level of 1:640 and I had a homogenous and speckled pattern. All other blood work has been normal. I was tested for lupus, polymyositis, CREST and scleroderma. Everything has been negative.

I have gone to multiple MDs and they do not know what is wrong with me.

I am just giving up hope that I will find a diagnosis, but this is really starting to impact my life.

Thank you in advanced for reading!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You might look into CIRS or lyme disease. They both have the symptoms you describe and do not show on normal blood work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.