Autoimmune or not ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Uncertainty . I have been to a rheumatologist  twice. Just to feel slightly confused . My Condition seems to be prevalent in the winter. (Started last winter, summer came and went and I have virtually no pain)

I Understand the concept of barometric pressure. And that this could possibly play a role in this condition

The first time I went he had diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia.

He gave me no chance to say.. I suffer from inflammation.

He put me on medication. Which helped me sleep and relieved the pain .

I went back to see him and he then let me speak and say I have inflammation and I know this is not associated with fibro.( three months later and Ive decided to leave the medication because I cant take it forever)

My symptoms are as follows :

1. Stiff in the mornings . Duration seems to be varying . Thats a factor for

confusion for me.

2. I have very bad crepitus in my knees and find great discomfort in kneeling , bending to pick things up.

3. Every night and only night time My knees swell up as well as my feet as the pictures attached . ( This is not found in my blood tests)

4. In the mornings / during the day my feet turn off blue / gray as the first picture presents.

5. I have PAIN most of the time in my knees and or ankles.

6. I have occasional pains in my wrists.

7. I cannot sleep at night because of the pain.

all seems very confusing . I am 28years old and used to love gymming . I had to give that up . Simply because when I attempt any form of physical activity , I have tremendous pain and swelling which is especially in my knees.

I also just question people who say I should push through the pain and gym anyway it will eventually get better. I just wonder all the time if this is some sort of Degenerative joint disease should I really be preforming these activities ?

I would appreciate it if anyone could get back to me with similar symptoms ?Advise ? Any sort of response ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow you poor thing! There is certainly something going on. 

The first thing that comes to mind is Raynauds however that alone does not explain the knee swelling and redness. Sounds certainly like some inflammatory response.

Have you showed those photos to someone who has listened to your list of symptoms? An Immunologist. Another Rheumatologist?

I'm no help other than to say I hope you get an intelligent doctor very soon who is able to piece it all together and not dismiss you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.