Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I've been struggling with APD for 6 years. It consumes my body from scalp to toes. Nothing works and doctors tell me it is so 'rare' that it's not likely I have that... what does that mean?? My break outs are definitely worse when I eat unclean, processed, sugar, grains...

I get wicked nauseated and dizzy to the point I cannot even stand up. I am laying in bed, currently, suffering. It affects my family and I am desperate for answers.

How do you go to work? Grocery shopping? ALL daily things?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am lucky i am retired cause in the midst of a hive outbreak I could never have worked.. it was horrible.. I have been hive free except for maybe one or two for two years as I take the xolair shot monthly and am not willing to stop to see if they are gone..have you seen an allergist , that is who put me on these shots after suffering so long with hives..

I am so sorry you are going thru this.. Please keep me posted ..

• Posted

The allergist sent me back to my GYN for birth control to control stop my progesterone. It was working, sorta, for 4-5 months. Then, 2 days ago- BAM! HORRIBLE breakout .. maybe my worst. My pants were loose on my legs and they would graze my legs as I walked. That was the site that got the hives going. I'm going to read about xolair. Thank you for responding and caring. My GYN wants me to go away, I feel like. Doctors in southwest Georgia just want to shoot me with prednisone and send me home. When the prednisone wears off the hives cone back with a vengence.

• Posted

My dr had me on everything too.. prednisone is great for getting rid of them but the side effects are brutal.. I do keep some on hand just in case and I have an epi pen or they wont give me the xolair shot.. it was originally for asthma and by chance they found out it helps with hives.. It is crazy expensive but if you have good insurance and also the company has some kind of plan you can get on to only pay a tiny co pay..Xolair is not without side effects but it is either that or endure those awful hives and mine were horrible.. I could only wear lularoe leggins for the time i had the hives as if i wore regular clothes they would rub against my skin and like you it was worse there.. Drs do not know what causes the hives and it is one of the hardest to cure.. cause it could be anything.. I do mostly gluten free and that seems to help with the itching.. and try to stay off sugar...but that is hard ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.