Skip to content

Urticarial Rash

New discussion Join group Also known as Hives, Rash - Urticarial

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gracIe53 2

THERE HAS TO BE A CAUSE OF URTICARIA ...

I absolutely REFUSE to accept a diagnosis of 'Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria' which basically means the medical profession have yet to discover the cause. They NEED to get on with their research. This is a deeply FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING, SCARY, DISTRESSING, PHYSICALLY AND PSYCHOLIGALLY DEPRESSING

200 replies 8 votes Last reply
  • rose00110 3

Is anyone going through same as me

I am not even sure if this is what I have but these are my symptoms  continuous outbreaks of rashes and hives with everything i eat this is the closest thing i found that describe what could be my problem ive come to a point where i don't want to eat anymore i've lost 30 pds doctors can't help   

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • CU12 2

Cholinergic Urticaria has ruined my life

Hello. I am a 28 year old male living in the UK with my parents. I weigh 70kg and am 186cm tall. I have been suffering with Cholinergic Urticaria for 9 months. I am in desperate need of help.  Previous to developing this condition, I had no health issues whatsoever.  I have been a competitive

222 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • jill43168 2
  • chris29126 1

urticaria treatment

hi i just recently have been diagnosed with hives and have been prescribed perednisolone and fexofenadine by my gp but reading the leaflet it say do not take if yu have heart or liver disease well ive had both i had a heart attack 3 years ago and have a stent fitted and have had hepatitis c but i

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jennifer63403 2

Some help and advise please

I have suffered with this condition for years now and over time it has got worse. I have been referred to the hospital on numerous occasions and still no help. My concern is I am getting married in 3 months and I am terrified on the day the rash is going to be up due to stress of the big day. I am

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • makita46861 1

Mierna Hives

Please help!! I got the Mierna back in October of 2016. The worst decision of my life and I feel like I was pressured into it! January/February of 2017 I began to get what looked like little hives all over my arms. They would itch or intensify at night time when it's cool. It began to worsen and

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Katyy 2

Is this hives?

Okay so over the last two days I ate a whole jar of Aldi knockoff Nutella (I know that's stupid lol don't judge XD) I woke up the morning (after eating half of it) and was really itchy. I just assumed I'd got bitten by bugs or something because it wasn't really that bad. Over the day they got worse

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rosanne02518 1

Do you struggle with urticaria?

I've had urticaria since a bad flu virus in November.  Fexofenadine plus Piriton or Phenergan barely touched the itch.  Since seeing a Dermotologist and a Physician I've found two solutions which have helped no end.  Firstly found my Vitamin D levels were extremely low.  Since taking a strong Vit D dosage,...

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

chronic urticaria and delayed pressure urticaria

I have had chronic urticaria for nearly 12 months now - well this episode - it started in January 2006 after taking a drug called metformin - or so I thought - i have seen several consultants, been in and out of hospital and today have been told it could be delayed pressure urticaria. I am on

• January20 2

Living with hives x 2 months- my story

The sx are controlled with tapering doses of prednisone bid, nonsedating-antistimines 5mg levocitirizine and 20 citirizine bid, Montelukast 10mg qd, and ranitidine 300 mg bid.  I also take alternating doses of hydroxizine 50 or benadryl 50 q4-6hr prn itching/hives and nightly. After 2 episodes of

• nancy35849 2

Chronic idiopathic urticaria taking over my life

I found this forum for the first time, yesterday, and so pleased I did. I wrote a big long response to "Martin", if anyone is interested in my recent history with hives. I just wanted to add a little here. Since March, these severe hives have been causing me so much distress and are affecting

20 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Little Flower 2

Chronic Urticaria

Hi I hoping I might get some information on this condition as my GP knows very little on the subject. I'm a 30 year old mother of 2, I live in Derry, This is not my first time having chronic urticaria, 7 years ago i had it for 5 months and then it just went away. At the time i was told

129 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • gustavoteo 1

LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) does wonders with Chronic Urticaria!

Hi folks, I'm from Brazil, and I've been reading your stories for a long time, I've got Chronic Urticaria since August/2015 (everyday nonstop). And LDN has done wonders to me, I still sometimes can't believe it worked. Hear my story: My hives would manifest at night, close to bed time, and if I

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • gina27260 2

Chronic Urticaria - finally the nightmare is over!!!

In August 2015 I developed hives, completely out of the blue one sunny day. Starting on the soft skin on my arms and gradually spreading over time the outbreaks became more and more agressive. Primarily after exercise or being in the sun but also at other random times. I saw a dermatologist who

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • omer93457 2

rash Xolair

Hi I'm new here and doctor wants to put me on Xolair and I'm a bit worry about the side effects and I had these severe rash which are so bad since 2013 and it's itchy everyday and went to holiday in Europe and was not that pleasant with this rash. I was told it will cost 1500 dollars Canadian per

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • amy95318 2

Randomly developed a rash with red bumps, is it hives?

I've had a rash for the past two day that seem to have developed out of the blue. Started a week ago with tiny red bumps in the crease of my inner elbow but went away(started taking an enzyme supplement but stopped right away). Now I have developed more of a hives looking rash. I first noticed it

• rose00110 3

Happy

just to lwt everyone know i finally got my first shot of zolair three weeks ago after suffering with this horrible chronic urticaria and have had success so far i don't have anymore hives and i am starting to eat more of what i want without any hives.  I'm finally getting my life back thanks to

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • samantha71508 2

Aquagenic Urticaria?

Hi guys ​I think i have this condition. If i have a bath i come out in a raised red rash, a bit like hives, all down both arms and across my chest. It doesnt make any difference if the water is plain or has bath products in, or if the water is warm or hot. If i have a shower i still get the rash

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Seasonal Urticaria - February to May in the UK

Since 2000 I have experienced chronic urticaria every year except for 2 years during the months of February, March, April and May. On each occasion the Urticaria has appeared within a day or so of 20th February and disappears within a day or so of 10th May. The urticaria moves around the body, so

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jean65845 2

Urticarial Rash

I have had CIU for 6 months now and I saw information on the internet regarding L-Lysine, so I thought nothing to lose let's try it.  I started taking 1 tablet in the am and 1 before bed (1000 mg per tablet) and I am amazed at the difference of my skin.  Very few hives, and for the first time I

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • DAYWALKER100 3

Hives new to my body had it for 3 days

Hi guys i am on this forum as i had Hip surgery last year.  HIVES yes small word but it is so miseralbe for so many on here that i have read about. This my Story Sunday morning just gone 2am woke up scratching the top of my left thigh took a look what looked like 3 white bumps i just thoguht they

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • anthony42726 1

New To the Forum

Hello. I was diagnosed with CIU in October 2016. I took my first round of Xolair in December and my second round in January. I get my next injections in later this month. I dont break out in hives as much as the itch. The Allergist said if I wasn't taking the Zrytec/Levocetirizine, the hives would

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • room94 2

Why does my heat Urticaria go away once I start sweating?

I have cholinergic urticaria which I get whenever I get hot. It is definitely increased whenever I am stressed. The magical wonder that I keep thinking of is that once I start sweating it goes away!. I just have to bare the extreme itching and fight through it for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • martin41096 1

Am I diagnosed with CIU? (Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria)

Ive had hives and rashes on my body for the past months (since march). My doctors diagnosed me with CIU. Just started Xolair 13 days ago and it does not seem to help me in any way. I woke up yesterday night with the WORST CIU attack thus far. (pictures attached). Should i continue with Xolaire shots?...

20 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • charity07455 1

I am on many oral meds and have concerns about the Xolair shot

I am waiting for my inurance to authorize payment on my Xolair shots, while I am waiting, I currently take 2 fexofenadine, 2 cetirizine, 2 ranitidine, montelukast and hydroxyzine to "control" my pressure and ciu hives.  i have had minor (75-100) hives a day to major (whole body broken out)

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mike73185 1

Help Please

I am in a panic at this point; my 14 year old daughter has been dealing with chronic Urticaria for a year.  She is currently taking 125 MG of Hydroxyzine and 5 MG of Levocetirizine daily.  On top of that she is receiving Xolair shots once a month which doctor wants to increase to twice a month

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lebbo 2

Chronic Urticaria- suffering for 13 months now

In November 2015, I suddenly began feeling itching on my hands, and my feet. I am based in Abu Dhabi, and had just traveled to Lebanon and stayed in a room that was quite dusty. The itching was on and off for a few days and I didn't think much of it. I then traveled to Australia, again staying in a

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • a18020 1

What is this rash??

I have had a pink, itchy rash all over my body for the past few days. It started around the back of my armpits and spread to my lower back, hips, neck and stomach. The next day it started showing up on my thighs. Now it's on my knees and feet. It will clear up in some areas and then show up on

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sumona2481 1

Chronic Urticaria

Hello Friends, I am suffering chronic urticaria past 11 years. I tried several oral steroids and anti allergy medicine. Those medicine give me temporary cure. I want to cure permanently. Last 1 year I take homoeopathy medicine but sometimes I am facing worst urticaria swelling as well as rash but

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • sallyann1979 2

Miss diagnosis!!

I was diagnosed with chronic urticaria 5 years ago. Given creams, tablets tried them all. Had a nasty flare up where I didn't sleep for a week. Cried on my doctor for help and was referred to a dermatologist. Finally!!.. I have now been told its not urticaria, its more Possible

• sallyann1979 2

desperately need advice

I have suffered with urticaria for about 2 years now. Have outbreaks every single day, 2 or 3 times a day now. Doctors gave me fexafenadine when I first went and every time I mention nothing more can be done. Yesterday I had the worst outbreak ever, both eyes were completely swollen closed,

21 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • vera47921 2

Xolair not working

Hi all Thought I would provide an update on my progress. I've had my 3rd Xolair injection 2 days ago (300mg). The previous 2 injections didnt help and I was told clinical trials show best results after 3rd dosage. days after my 3rd Xolair, I have woken up with a massive breakout! So that'

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • KellinHanas 2

Cold Urticaria

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but is like to talk about something that I've been dealing with my whole life. I have cold urticaria, a condition that Google defines as "Rare". Cool, right? Ever since I was two years old (fourteen now) whenever I would go out in the snow,...

• michele85638 2

Uticarial Rash

I have had cronic uticaria for at least 5 years. I tweezed 3 eyebrow hairs today and here it comes again. My eyes and fase will be blown up for the next week, give or Sometimes I'm covered head to feet and have no idea why. I have had aleregy tests done with no positive results. Can anyone

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions