Skip to content

Urticarial Rash

Also known as Hives, Rash - Urticarial

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I'm dealing with a second bout of urticaria in 3 years

Briefly I had just over 6 weeks of daily urticaria in 2015. I was prescribed prednisolone on a tapered dose which had to be repeated a couple of times. I've no idea what caused it. At the time I kept a diary covering how I felt and what I took. Sometime last year I must have thrown it away! A week...

Last reply
  • Hives ..... Drink wine!

I've had hives for over 2 years. Thought I'd cracked it with a gluten free diet but recently they've come back with avengence. Doctors haven't a clue..  In fact my latest diagnosis.... "You're allergic to the atmosphere"!!!!!!!! Marvellous! Antihistamines just don't...

Last reply
  • Please help me with my Urticaria

Hi guys, I have suffered with urticaria for over 6 months now. Like most of you my rash appeared out of no where, after a couple of weeks and no change I took myself off to see my gp who diagnosed me with urticaria (not specifically which type) . My symptoms were a full body rash with each flare up lasting...

Last reply
  • My cure for hives after 21 years

I thought after 21 years, I would NEVER find a cure.  I was diagnosed after taking two Ibuprofen.  It almost killed me, and the lasting effect was hives.  I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without being covered in hives.  I could no longer wear sundresses, shorts or capris...

Last reply
  • Xolair and swollen ankles and legs

Hi  Has anyone had swollen legs and ankles.. I just started getting them at night and by morning they are gone.. And I watch my salt intake closely so i know that is not it.. Could it be a xolair side effect?? Anyone else?? Thank You ..

Last reply
  • morning restlessness

Hi everybody --- I know that we seem to have touched on most topics but I have been noticing a distinct pattern of morning nerves/restlessness that seems to improve throughout the day.  Wondering if anyone else struggles with this?  I haven't been breaking out now in 3 months since my Xolair...

Last reply
  • numb extremities and Uticaria

Self diagnosed cold uticaria sufferer. Wondering if I should be concerned about an autoimmune disorder?  History: When I was young, 13-15, I experienced intense raised itchy hives on my thighs after coming inside from the cold. They were incredibly itchy but would go away quickly. I never told...

Last reply
  • 3rd round of chronic hives

I am hoping to hear from people who have chronic hives too. Since this is my 3rd round I sort of know what has worked for me and what doesn't, what I think causes it, & what triggers it. But as all of you know the bottom line is there are no concrete answers. I refuse to take the drug Xolair-...

Last reply
  • IVIG therapy for Chronic Hives and angioedema

Hi!  I have been suffering from chronic urticaria and angioedema for the past 20 years off and on. I am 34. In the past, the flare ups lasted 8-9 months and I responded to prednisone, sulfasazine, Zyrtec, Zantac, atarax, etc.  This current flare up started August 2016 and the hives and swelling...

Last reply
  • Epsom salts for Chronic Hives

This really helped me when the hives would get really bad and itchy.. I soak for 40 mins in a warm to hot bath with 2 cups of epsom salts.. I watch the hives slowly get pale and go away.. I was shocked it works so well.. I have also had magnesium to my vitamin box.. The hives do not come back or bother...

Last reply
  • Chronic Hives-negative blood work

Hey everyone, Hoping to find some help. I started getting hives about 2-3 months ago. Before getting them I got sick. Then I would get 1 on my upper arm about once a week. It would last 3-4 days and fade. The next week another one would pop up. The third one I got ended up blistering so that's when...

Last reply
  • cholinergic urticaria help

Hello for a few years i was suffering from cholinergic urticaria and then i went 2 years rash free but it came back in 2017 and its ruining everything i cant go outside without getting it, at the end of 2017 i went to india and singapore for 4 weeks and i didnt get the rash once but since ive got...

Posted
  • Xolair shots and Epi Pen

For all of you taking xolair shots do you all have an epi pen.. I have heard some people say you have to have one if taking the shots.. Other people say they dont have one.. I am wondering what your thoughts are and what you were advised to do .. thank you

Last reply
  • Depression and Uriticaria

I'm curious to know what medications seem to be working to control the anxiety and depression that we all experience.   I had to discontinue the Doxepin due to the effect it was causing on my joint pain.   I am on Venlifaxin daily but it's just not working well enough.  Looking...

Last reply
  • She feel at a lost end

So had been diagnosed with delayed pressure urticaria, chronic urticaria and oedema since February 2017 and been on many medications. But I have been getting worse joint pains, swollen painful fingers, osteoarthritis In the spine, pain in my hips and now all my back teeth have started to crumble on both...

Last reply
  • extreme facial redness and hives

I have had episodes of extreme facial redness and hives that actually weep on my cheeks for about 6 months now.  I have been tested for every allergy possible and they all come back negative.  I can be totally fine one minute and then the burning sensation starts and I get bright blood red...

Last reply
  • THERE HAS TO BE A CAUSE OF URTICARIA ...

I absolutely REFUSE to accept a diagnosis of 'Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria' which basically means the medical profession have yet to discover the cause. They NEED to get on with their research. This is a deeply FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING, SCARY, DISTRESSING, PHYSICALLY AND PSYCHOLIGALLY DEPRESSING...

Last reply
  • how I was cured from chronic uticaria

heres my story, I hope I can help people that struggled with this. I was so depressed that I couldn't figure out what was happening to me and there wasn't much information about the condition. But after spending hours every day for a long time researching this condition, experimenting with everything...

Last reply
  • Weight gain with antihistamines and xolair shots

Has anyone gained weight from antihistamines and xolair shots.. I have awful joint pain, hair loss, and a rapid weight gain.. like 7 lbs in two weeks..  But the hives are a lot less but at what cost with all these drugs.. any one out there experience this?? What did you do ??

Last reply
  • Garlic is helping me

Hello fellow chronic rash suffers ​I feel your pain. I have been taking mega doses of allergy and asthma meds for about three years now and yet I still have had hives from head to toe. Not to mention my eyes keep swelling up! One of may allergy doctors even told me that I she didn't think I have...

Last reply
  • Glycolic chemical peels after Urticaria

Hi all Was wondering if you could possibly assist with something... I had very bad Chronic Urticaria about a year ago but it seems to now be in remission. I have quite a few scars on my arms as a result. Im thinking of having a series of Glycolic chemical peels to assist with scarring. Anyone ever...

Posted
  • xolair

How many of you that have chronic hives have tried the shot xolair, Has it helped you?? I just received my third shot.I know the side effects are awful but most meds have horrible side effects and it is helping to relieve these awful hives... I have angioedema with them at times and dont want to keep...

Last reply
  • After Over 20 years I solved my HIVES issues

In the last 20+ years (since August 1991) I had hives off all kinds of intensity and in the last 10 years or so I don't remember a day when I didn't have any on my skin. I have done so many things: diets, cleansings, replaced fillings in my teeth. I don't know you name it, I have probably...

Last reply
  • Chronic Urticaria

Hi I hoping I might get some information on this condition as my GP knows very little on the subject. I'm a 30 year old mother of 2, I live in Derry, N.Ireland. This is not my first time having chronic urticaria, 7 years ago i had it for 5 months and then it just went away. At the time i was told...

Last reply
  • Does Apple Cider Vinegar cure hives?

Hello everyone, I have this condition called, Chronic Cold Hives. This means that whenever I am outside and it is cold, typically bellow 55 degrees F, or swimming in cold water my skin breaks out in hives. It is not major however it does bother me because I can never go outside in the cold without my...

Last reply
  • Chronic Hives (3 Months) Looking for advice

I've been dealing with chronic hives for 3 months now, it all started after a sinus infection from a cold way back in September. I remember I took a mucinex to help with my sinus infection and I suddenly felt itchy and discovered hives forming on my arms and legs which then became rash patches. Usually...

Last reply
  • Chronic urticaria after running for half hour

I have been having chronic urticaria after running for half hour. This issue started off small around 3 years ago and now it seems to have peaked. Just today despite taking 25 mg Benadryl, I had hives on my shoulder and neck and also my face/lips/eyes were swollen. The eyes were red. After 3 hours all...

Last reply
  • hives and xolair

I have had two shots of xolair and the first set seemed to work but this second set i have huge hives on my legs and am very itchy.. I see some ppl who take xolair are helped immediately and some it takes a longer time... For those of you who have had xolair and it didnt work right away , how long did...

Last reply
  • Help diagnosing a skin rash

Hi there, I am an expat living in Vietnam. Last month I broke out into an unknown rash on the right side of my torso (no where else), I went to the hospital and they put me on a drip and gave me medication. however they didn't give me a diagnosis because of the language barrier. the first rash has...

Last reply
  • Cholinergic urticaria

Hi all, I've had this urticaria for over 25 years now. Health professionals have just pushed me towards anti-histamines and said there's nothing more that can be done, and I would eventually grow out of it. Well guess what? I'm 43 now and no change. I manage by simply expecting it to flare...

Last reply
  • Cholinergic Urticaria has ruined my life

Hello. I am a 28 year old male living in the UK with my parents. I weigh 70kg and am 186cm tall. I have been suffering with Cholinergic Urticaria for 9 months. I am in desperate need of help.  Previous to developing this condition, I had no health issues whatsoever.  I have been a competitive...

Last reply
  • Can I drink alcohol while taking all these antihistamines

Hi . Looks like I’m stuck with this chronic complaint of spontaneous urticaria . So I’m on two anhistamines . Telfast 180 mg in morning and 5 mg  Xyzal at night . Just wondering is it ok to have a few beers / wine if I go out while on this medication  or do I have to give up drink now 😞😞

Last reply
  • chronic uticaria and angiodema

Hello all, I'm new to this site. My story: as of August 12/10 when I first had a morning of hives followed by a night of angiodema in my lip - I have now had many many many bouts of hives and about 5 lip angiodemas. What a nuisance. When it arrives in my lip - I can't go to work. I look deformed....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.