Skip to content

Urticarial Rash

Also known as Hives, Rash - Urticarial

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• xolair shots

I have been getting the xolair shots once a month for about a year now.. But I still get the hives on and off.. they are not bad and they go away fairly quickly but I am still getting them.. How is anyone out there on this shot doing and have you had the same experience as me?? I sure do not want to...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • xolair shots

I have been getting the xolair shots once a month for about a year now.. But I still get the hives on and off.. they are not bad and they go away fairly quickly but I am still getting them.. How is anyone out there on this shot doing and have you had the same experience as me?? I sure do not want to...

Posted
  • cholinergic urticaria

what causes cholinergic urticaria?  food, allergy, pollen, climate, ect..........?  ive been to many dermatologists and all have told me that they cannot determine what is causing me to have this allergy?  can someone please tell me.  rsvp.  thank you. 

Last reply
  • Cholinergic Urticaria has ruined my life

Hello. I am a 28 year old male living in the UK with my parents. I weigh 70kg and am 186cm tall. I have been suffering with Cholinergic Urticaria for 9 months. I am in desperate need of help.  Previous to developing this condition, I had no health issues whatsoever.  I have been a competitive...

Last reply
  • I found the cause of my hives

I have been having hives outbreak almost every night for the past 3 months. The hives would occur all over my body, especially my thighs, and was extremely itchy. I have not had an outbreak for the past 10 days since switching toothpaste. Yea... it was toothpaste... I suspected this could be a tras...

Last reply
  • Fed up of this already.

Friday morning I woke up with hives on my thighs. Got some antiistimmine and they went away. The t even they can back all over my chest t and my face so I went to a&e. Was given benadyrl. The next morning they were all over my body and I felt as though I couldn't breathe. Went to hospital,...

Last reply
  • Are hives during illness helpful?

I have been sick for a week with strep bad cough and flu. Now for the past three days I've had massive hives from head to toe. My question is if the hives had not presented would my flu have been worse or lasted longer? Although horrible do they serve some purpose in lessening the severity of an...

Last reply
  • THERE HAS TO BE A CAUSE OF URTICARIA ...

I absolutely REFUSE to accept a diagnosis of 'Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria' which basically means the medical profession have yet to discover the cause. They NEED to get on with their research. This is a deeply FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING, SCARY, DISTRESSING, PHYSICALLY AND PSYCHOLIGALLY DEPRESSING...

Last reply
  • Hives

I seem to have hives with swelling every year for about three months tired of going to allergist.  Does anyone have any suggestions of any foods that make an outbreak worst?  I have been keeping a journal of my symptoms and food intake.  Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Chronic Urticaria- suffering for 13 months now

In November 2015, I suddenly began feeling itching on my hands, and my feet. I am based in Abu Dhabi, and had just traveled to Lebanon and stayed in a room that was quite dusty. The itching was on and off for a few days and I didn't think much of it. I then traveled to Australia, again staying in...

Last reply
  • Chronic (40+ years) Idiopathic urticaria/hives

I’m enduring the latest round of this relentless unforgiving monster. I see a lot of people out there asking if it’s, this or that that causes triggers. During my lifetimes (it started at 11) experience I can say you are probably all correct. Reoccurring tonsillitis was my catalyst, along with regular...

Last reply
  • My cure for hives after 21 years

I thought after 21 years, I would NEVER find a cure.  I was diagnosed after taking two Ibuprofen.  It almost killed me, and the lasting effect was hives.  I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without being covered in hives.  I could no longer wear sundresses, shorts or capris...

Last reply
  • Horrendous

Hi, I’ve started with hives a few weeks ago now.  My first symptom was a swollen lip then the rash came. My doctors think it could possibly be a side effect to my blood pressure tablets, ramipril - has anyone else experienced this? I’ve been on 2.5mg daily for over a year.  They have since...

Last reply
  • Has anyone else experienced hives after metal implant surgery?

about a minute ago I began experiencing physical urticaria in March, with a rapid onset after a surgery in which a metal implant was used to correct a broken wrist. After being prescribed to high dosages and mixes of Prednisone, Zantac, Xyzal, Allegra, Singulair, etc. I was approved to start Xolair in...

Last reply
  • Chronic appendicitis and urticaria?

I started experiencing unexplained hives all over my body - never knowing where from hour to hour - 5 1/2 months ago. I've had every test imaginable to rule out systemic or other causes and no triggers seem to make sense. Antihistamines to not work. Xolair provided no relief after 4 rounds. I had...

Last reply
  • Swollen legs, feet and ankles

I know i have asked about this before... but all of a sudden my feet, ankles and legs are soo swollen.. every day.. they go down at night but the minute my feet hit the floor it starts the swelling.. so yesterday i again tried compression stockings and no swelling until i took them off then it started...

Last reply
  • Is this solar urticaria? Please help!! Need suggestions for treatment

I am a 17 year old girl. Since I was 6, I’ve been getting hives from the sun. A year ago, my allergist diagnosed me with solar urticaria and authorized be to take up to 4 Allegra a day to treat it. She also added Pepsid to that regimen once Allegra wasn’t working. Neither treatments work whatsoever....

Last reply
  • Recurring urticaria, reaction to Ibuprofen?????

Hey there I am hoping someone can help me. I have had 4 episodes of hives since Jan. They have progressively gotten a bit worse. I have been to the ER, my PCP and most recently an allergist. They have ruled out autoimmune d/o through testing thank god, no celiac and I cannot pinpoint a trigger to these....

Last reply
  • Chronic urticaria everyday for nearly two years

Hi all, Im female, 19 and generally healthy. I started getting hives May 2017 and they have gotten progressively worse since. Without fail, they occur every evening/night or I'll wake up with them covering my chest, arms, thighs, face etc. It has also led to severe swelling in my lips, face and...

Last reply
  • Day 19 of hive hell... help?!

Almost 3 weeks ago, completely out of the blue, I spotted a hive on my neck. Just the one! After a few hours I started developing a more widespread red ‘heat-looking’ rash and didn’t look into it too much. The next day I was covered head to toe in itchy, burning hives. For the last few weeks I haven’t...

Last reply
  • Can hives only have 1 episode of occurence?

so two days ago I developed hives, I think it was from an allergic reaction from bathing my cat who had gone outdoors for months (though it became noticeable hours later). During day 2, (which is yesterday) I had the hives on my whole body, from limbs, stomach, butt and so. I looked like a world map!...

Last reply
  • Delayed pressure urticaria

Can anyone advise me. I have had a 24 hour blood pressure machine fitted today about 3 hours ago, and the machine is causing me to swell and causing hives up the arm the machine is attached to. Do I take it off as I’m gutted after having 3 sessions of xolair injections and having been hive free until...

Last reply
  • Urticaria hell for over a year! Journey to the cure....

I have been struggling with Urticaria for over a year now. It has been hell. It weighs so heavy on me I started feeling very low and it is affecting the quality of my life. So I said any info I can pass to others to help, I would, as there is so little out there. GP's main answer is anti-histamines....

Posted
  • Physical Urticaria,

Hi, every year I get Urticaria starts about January ends about may, areas side of the face and backs of hands, pretty itchy flaking skin, tried the usual creams etc, just lately I've started using peppermint essential oil, 2 drops to a teaspoon of carrier oil sweet almond oil, it seems to stop the...

Last reply
  • Doxepin to prevent hives break outs

Hi there everybody --- a few weeks or so ago, someone posted that they take 10 mgs of Doxepin every night and that this has kept their hives at bay.  I can't seem to find that comment -- can you please comment again?  I have a couple more questions to aks.  Thank you so much! ...

Last reply
  • Cold Induced Urticaria Hives

There's hope I suffers for years head to toe hives itching swelling couldn't get cold.No snow swimming No cold rain and I live in a cold region. No life depression anxiety and embarrassing hives. My PCP found help for me Doxepin 10-20 mg before bed every day from 17-49 has saved me from life...

Posted
  • I have had a rash for almost two weeks now, help!

On Monday March 19th, I woke up really itchy and noticed I had broken out in hives all over my back in my sleep (in first picture above). I didn’t think much of it, assuming I had eaten something I was allergic to. I rubbed a liquid benedryl cream on it and went on with my day and it seemed to go away...

Last reply
  • Cold Sores for People with Chronic Hives

I have noticed that since I have been battling hives, I get frequent cold sores as well.  Today, I am itching all over my face...not sure if it is hives or the herpes virus spreading.  I just got over a bad cold sore on my lip, now I have one under my nose and my cheeks and chin are also itching. ...

Last reply
  • Chronic idiopathic urticaria

Hi I have found out I have this and been on many antihistamines to try and control it but I am now on fexafenidine and these don't seem to work at all some days when I have a flare up I look like I either have nits or I need a fix of drugs to people who don't no me stare and makes me so upset...

Last reply
  • Weight gain with antihistamines and xolair shots

Has anyone gained weight from antihistamines and xolair shots.. I have awful joint pain, hair loss, and a rapid weight gain.. like 7 lbs in two weeks..  But the hives are a lot less but at what cost with all these drugs.. any one out there experience this?? What did you do ??

Last reply
  • Run to sooth my hives

Hello dear friends, I have had this plague for 3y (itchy and swelling and all the nice suit of treats). A 6 month bout of Xolair relieved it but it came back with a vengeance after a couple of months. one consistent pattern though: if I run 10km it goes away for a couple of days and comes back milder....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.