Skip to content
Ad

Urticarial Rash

Also known as Hives, Rash - Urticarial

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Cholinergic urticaria

Hi all, I've had this urticaria for over 25 years now. Health professionals have just pushed me towards anti-histamines and said there's nothing more that can be done, and I would eventually grow out of it. Well guess what? I'm 43 now and no change. I manage by simply expecting it to flare...

Last reply
  • Cholinergic Urticaria has ruined my life

Hello. I am a 28 year old male living in the UK with my parents. I weigh 70kg and am 186cm tall. I have been suffering with Cholinergic Urticaria for 9 months. I am in desperate need of help.  Previous to developing this condition, I had no health issues whatsoever.  I have been a competitive...

Last reply
  • 3rd round of chronic hives

I am hoping to hear from people who have chronic hives too. Since this is my 3rd round I sort of know what has worked for me and what doesn't, what I think causes it, & what triggers it. But as all of you know the bottom line is there are no concrete answers. I refuse to take the drug Xolair-...

Last reply
  • Help diagnosing a skin rash

Hi there, I am an expat living in Vietnam. Last month I broke out into an unknown rash on the right side of my torso (no where else), I went to the hospital and they put me on a drip and gave me medication. however they didn't give me a diagnosis because of the language barrier. the first rash has...

Last reply
  • My cure for hives after 21 years

I thought after 21 years, I would NEVER find a cure.  I was diagnosed after taking two Ibuprofen.  It almost killed me, and the lasting effect was hives.  I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without being covered in hives.  I could no longer wear sundresses, shorts or capris...

Last reply
  • hives and xolair

I have had two shots of xolair and the first set seemed to work but this second set i have huge hives on my legs and am very itchy.. I see some ppl who take xolair are helped immediately and some it takes a longer time... For those of you who have had xolair and it didnt work right away , how long did...

Last reply
  • Can I drink alcohol while taking all these antihistamines

Hi . Looks like I’m stuck with this chronic complaint of spontaneous urticaria . So I’m on two anhistamines . Telfast 180 mg in morning and 5 mg  Xyzal at night . Just wondering is it ok to have a few beers / wine if I go out while on this medication  or do I have to give up drink now 😞😞

Last reply
  • chronic uticaria and angiodema

Hello all, I'm new to this site. My story: as of August 12/10 when I first had a morning of hives followed by a night of angiodema in my lip - I have now had many many many bouts of hives and about 5 lip angiodemas. What a nuisance. When it arrives in my lip - I can't go to work. I look deformed....

Last reply
  • Chronic Hives

I have been suffering from hives for the last three months! I’ve taken many diff antihistamine and none of them seemed to work Claritin, Benadryl, Loratadine,fenoxadine, hydroxazine ,singularity!! None of those worked after my second er visit the prednisone seemed to stop the rashes from occurring but...

Last reply
  • Does Apple Cider Vinegar cure hives?

Hello everyone, I have this condition called, Chronic Cold Hives. This means that whenever I am outside and it is cold, typically bellow 55 degrees F, or swimming in cold water my skin breaks out in hives. It is not major however it does bother me because I can never go outside in the cold without my...

Last reply
  • Urticaria rash with joint stiffness

Hi, I found this forum when researching urticaria and thought I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. About a month ago I had a bad flu and I was already starting to feel better when I got urticaria/hives all of a sudden. It started on my hip and in 2 days 90% of my body was covered and the itching...

Last reply
  • Has anyone else experienced hives after metal implant surgery?

about a minute ago I began experiencing physical urticaria in March, with a rapid onset after a surgery in which a metal implant was used to correct a broken wrist. After being prescribed to high dosages and mixes of Prednisone, Zantac, Xyzal, Allegra, Singulair, etc. I was approved to start Xolair in...

Last reply
  • Will my Cold Hives ever go away?

Hello everyone, I have this condition chronic cold hives. I’ve had it for about two years now, and I get hives when I’m in cold weather. When the temperature is below 55 degrees F, or when I’m swimming in cold water, my skin breaks out in hives. It really isn’t a major case; however, it does bother...

Last reply
  • Hot flashes with Hives

Hi Everybody --- Ever since I started taking Prednisone, several months ago, I notice that I get these "hot flashes" for no apparent reason.  I don't actually perspire, but more like I just feel hot inside all of a sudden and need some A/C or to go outside.  They are random, never...

Posted
  • Allergic to antihistamines????? ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED

Hi guys, Firstly, oh my god. I dont think you realise how happy i am at finding this site. I genuinly thought i was one of a few people who suffered this horrendous \"thing\". That is how i refer to it now. A \"thing\". I am 20 years old and am having an awful time...

Last reply
  • Xolair and its side effects

Hi there, I if Anyone is currently taking xolair and if so are you experiencing any serious side effects. My first dose e 300 milligrams. Side effeccts were terrible ! Ask doctor to give me two monthly doses. Instead so my body could get h to them. I get anxiety and heavy chest with them . I even...

Last reply
  • Urticarta...Help and advice needed..

Since March of this year I have been experiencing a rash over my neck, chest and often, but not always over my face. It is also very red, hot, but not itchy.  My iron levels have also been extremely low, a level of 9, then increasing to 16 and then 20, but now its fallen again to 16, despite...

Last reply
  • My hives are driving me insane

I'm breaking out in hives daily, mainly on my hands , arm and feet, I've tried numerous creams etc but nothing seems to work , can anyone suggest anything that may help me ,

Last reply
  • xyzal

Has anybody used xyzal with success for your ICU and if so, was it your daily dose?  I think I am starting to get immune to the Claritin and Zyrtec that I have used for months.  

Last reply
  • Hives new to my body had it for 3 days

Hi guys i am on this forum as i had Hip surgery last year.  HIVES yes small word but it is so miseralbe for so many on here that i have read about. This my Story Sunday morning just gone 2am woke up scratching the top of my left thigh took a look what looked like 3 white bumps i just thoguht they...

Last reply
  • the itching is driving me crazy!

My Urticaria started in August this year and no-one can be bothered to really help until I had gone through 2 lots of steroids and now 'the strong' prescription anti histamine at night but shop bought I have to take 2 in a morning!!! nothing is working ! Is there a cream to help because Calamine...

Last reply
  • Chronic urticaria and severe stomach cramps

I have been suffering with chronic urticaria since September.  I also get angioedema on my face around once a week.  I am taking up to 360mg fexofenadine every 24 hours.  As soon as it wears off I'm full of hives again.  I am getting an increasing number of symptoms the most alarming...

Last reply
  • THERE HAS TO BE A CAUSE OF URTICARIA ...

I absolutely REFUSE to accept a diagnosis of 'Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria' which basically means the medical profession have yet to discover the cause. They NEED to get on with their research. This is a deeply FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING, SCARY, DISTRESSING, PHYSICALLY AND PSYCHOLIGALLY DEPRESSING...

Last reply
  • LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) does wonders with Chronic Urticaria!

Hi folks, I'm from Brazil, and I've been reading your stories for a long time, I've got Chronic Urticaria since August/2015 (everyday nonstop). And LDN has done wonders to me, I still sometimes can't believe it worked. Hear my story: My hives would manifest at night, close to bed time,...

Last reply
  • so fed up and frustrated

I've been suffering from chronic Urticaria and Angiodema for approx 5 years . It's been so bad that I've had to visit A&E lots of times put on IV steroids and then sent home when it goes down and then fobbed off with antihistamines . Doctor is no help whatsoever and doesn't want to...

Last reply
  • People not understanding dpu and chronic urticaria

I have only been diagnosed with chronic spontaneous urticaria and delayed pressure urticaria recently. It started this February, with every day since I have been so poorly. The usual head to toe with huge chronic hives, swelling of the face, lips, eyes, so numerous hospital visits. I have bowel problems...

Last reply
  • hives

i just was diagnosed with chronic urticaria.  I have been suffering with this for almost 4 years and after numerous tests, biopsy, medications both topical and oral; they feel the only solution is an injection of Xolair.  Has anyone been put on this drug, reactions, side effects, etc.  The...

Last reply
  • Itchy red bumps

Since 2 days i have developed itchy red bumps on my inner thigh ( they are in a line or a design type of manner). Is it anything serious  ? Any medication for it ?

Last reply
  • Hives won't go away

So 3 days ago I woke up to itchy skin. I then went to work and broke out in hives. I went home, took the recomended dose of benadryl and went back to my normal day. Well the next morning I woke up to the same issue. Took the benadryl and after about 30 minutes the rash went away. Well once the benadryl...

Last reply
  • Hives or scabies?

Over a month ago I started having several itchy bumps appear on my hands shortly after waking up. They would usually disappear completely within a few hours. I had had this happen to me before, and it wasn't too severe so I ignored it. Then a few days ago I got a patch of many itchy bumps on my wrist....

Last reply
  • chronic urticaria and delayed pressure urticaria

I have had chronic urticaria for nearly 12 months now - well this episode - it started in January 2006 after taking a drug called metformin - or so I thought - i have seen several consultants, been in and out of hospital and today have been told it could be delayed pressure urticaria. I am on telfast...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.