Skip to content

Urticarial Rash

Also known as Hives, Rash - Urticarial

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Does Quercetin work for cold hives?

Hey everyone, I've been posting on here a lot and I apologize for that but I am desperate looking for answers. I have cold hives, and I am not sure why. Some possible causes are Celiac disease or Gluten intolerance, Leaky gut, Thyroid Conditions, like Hypothyroidism. I have not been tested for …

Last reply
  • Chronic Hives, Delayed Pressure - Try this !

I have had chronic hives for almost 18 years and sometimes for a whole year at a time.  My docs never had answers and always prescribed the usual antihistamines with little or no success.  I finally started to do some research and discovered a few trials using Sulfasalazine and asked my …

Last reply
  • Cure for Hives, Rashes & Urticaria !

You may get cured from Hives, Rashes & Urticaria ! I know how terrible this disease is. This may work for you. It is a 100% natural way. No medication. No long wait. Key symptoms of the patient & location will help ! You may contact. PS: This is not a  marketing/sales ad. It is for …

Last reply
  • CI U

I’ve had hives for a year and a half ... been to an allergist/immunologist since 2017.    I’ve been taking multiple antihistamines, Xolair injections and cyclosporine.   I’ve been recording my breakouts. I am a teacher and have summers off... Interesting ... I was hive free last …

Last reply
  • Chronic idiopathic urticaria and pregnancy

Hi all, I’ve been suffering chronic hives since last September, with periods of a couple of weeks where antihistamines controlled it. Nothing has succeeded in “curing” it, and testing has not provided any information and my immunologist has put it down to immune disorder. Since becoming pregnant, I’ …

Last reply
  • chronic urticaria and delayed pressure urticaria

I have had chronic urticaria for nearly 12 months now - well this episode - it started in January 2006 after taking a drug called metformin - or so I thought - i have seen several consultants, been in and out of hospital and today have been told it could be delayed pressure urticaria. I am on …

Last reply
  • Hives Urticaria - How much antihistamine?

I've had hives for almost a year now. The only thing that reduces the itch is Triamcinoline Acetonide 0.1% cream. If I apply the cream to my legs and arms for 2 weeks, the hives (which can get as bad a big red pussy patches) and the sores disappear. When I stop, they first start on my ankle …

Last reply
  • I've cured my idiopathic urticaria on my own

Hey everyone, I had a severe case of idiopathic urticaria for over 2 years and while i was going through it i referred to this forum for support and advice. I tried everything in those 2 years and nothing really cut it for me. I was popping handfuls of pills daily and didnt see the slightest …

Last reply
  • Chronic urticaria gone

For over 5 years I suffered from chronic urticaria.  I started out having only  delayed pressure urticaria and eventually progressed to full blown chronic urticaria everyday.  Like everyone els reading this (I’d assume) I’ve been to more doctors and have had more test done with no …

Last reply
  • Cure for urticaria

Chinese traditional medicine can cure urticaria. It worked for my 8 year old nephew.  He had urticaria for almost 4 months. My nephew took 2 months of Chinese medicine but he is now medication free. The first 2 weeks were terrible because of the Zyrtec withdrawal. His eyes, ears and lips …

Last reply
  • Xolair shots and Epi Pen

For all of you taking xolair shots do you all have an epi pen.. I have heard some people say you have to have one if taking the shots.. Other people say they dont have one.. I am wondering what your thoughts are and what you were advised to do .. thank you

Last reply
  • Fed up of this already.

Friday morning I woke up with hives on my thighs. Got some antiistimmine and they went away. The t even they can back all over my chest t and my face so I went to a&e. Was given benadyrl. The next morning they were all over my body and I felt as though I couldn't breathe. Went to …

Last reply
  • THERE HAS TO BE A CAUSE OF URTICARIA ...

I absolutely REFUSE to accept a diagnosis of 'Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria' which basically means the medical profession have yet to discover the cause. They NEED to get on with their research. This is a deeply FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING, SCARY, DISTRESSING, PHYSICALLY AND PSYCHOLIGALLY …

Last reply
  • There has to be a cure to cold hives

I have cold hives for about three years now, it manifested when I was around 12 years old after I got the flu. Idk the cause of my hives, but they are not so severe that if I am in freezing temps, or cold water I won't pass out or anything. Having them has just p****d me off so much because I …

Last reply
  • Planning to get a tattoo but I have hereditary uricarial rash

Since I was born, I was told that i have hereditary uricarial rash, its not severe though. I get rashs when its cold or hot, exposed is dust, something rubbing in my skin, etc. And I was planning to get a tattoo since graduating from college. I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation who …

Last reply
  • Epsom salts for Chronic Hives

This really helped me when the hives would get really bad and itchy.. I soak for 40 mins in a warm to hot bath with 2 cups of epsom salts.. I watch the hives slowly get pale and go away.. I was shocked it works so well.. I have also had magnesium to my vitamin box.. The hives do not come back or …

Last reply
  • The never ending itch

Hello, Wondering if anyone has any suggestions/similar experiences? In summer 2017, I began to have discomfort around my rectum....severe itching, morning, noon and night. You name it and I was treated for it - pinworms, scabies, hemorrhoids - and the itching didn't go away. Nobody else …

Last reply
  • Will my Cold Hives ever go away?

Hello everyone, I have this condition chronic cold hives. I’ve had it for about two years now, and I get hives when I’m in cold weather. When the temperature is below 55 degrees F, or when I’m swimming in cold water, my skin breaks out in hives. It really isn’t a major case; however, it does …

Last reply
  • Chronic Urticaria- suffering for 13 months now

In November 2015, I suddenly began feeling itching on my hands, and my feet. I am based in Abu Dhabi, and had just traveled to Lebanon and stayed in a room that was quite dusty. The itching was on and off for a few days and I didn't think much of it. I then traveled to Australia, again staying …

Last reply
  • cholinergic urticaria

what causes cholinergic urticaria?  food, allergy, pollen, climate, ect..........?  ive been to many dermatologists and all have told me that they cannot determine what is causing me to have this allergy?  can someone please tell me.  rsvp.  thank you. 

Last reply
  • xolair shots

I have been getting the xolair shots once a month for about a year now.. But I still get the hives on and off.. they are not bad and they go away fairly quickly but I am still getting them.. How is anyone out there on this shot doing and have you had the same experience as me?? I sure do not want …

Posted
  • Cholinergic Urticaria has ruined my life

Hello. I am a 28 year old male living in the UK with my parents. I weigh 70kg and am 186cm tall. I have been suffering with Cholinergic Urticaria for 9 months. I am in desperate need of help.  Previous to developing this condition, I had no health issues whatsoever.  I have been a …

Last reply
  • I found the cause of my hives

I have been having hives outbreak almost every night for the past 3 months. The hives would occur all over my body, especially my thighs, and was extremely itchy. I have not had an outbreak for the past 10 days since switching toothpaste. Yea... it was toothpaste... I suspected this could be a …

Last reply
  • Are hives during illness helpful?

I have been sick for a week with strep bad cough and flu. Now for the past three days I've had massive hives from head to toe. My question is if the hives had not presented would my flu have been worse or lasted longer? Although horrible do they serve some purpose in lessening the severity of …

Last reply
  • Hives

I seem to have hives with swelling every year for about three months tired of going to allergist.  Does anyone have any suggestions of any foods that make an outbreak worst?  I have been keeping a journal of my symptoms and food intake.  Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Chronic (40+ years) Idiopathic urticaria/hives

I’m enduring the latest round of this relentless unforgiving monster. I see a lot of people out there asking if it’s, this or that that causes triggers. During my lifetimes (it started at 11) experience I can say you are probably all correct. Reoccurring tonsillitis was my catalyst, along with …

Last reply
  • My cure for hives after 21 years

I thought after 21 years, I would NEVER find a cure.  I was diagnosed after taking two Ibuprofen.  It almost killed me, and the lasting effect was hives.  I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without being covered in hives.  I could no longer wear sundresses, shorts or …

Last reply
  • Horrendous

Hi, I’ve started with hives a few weeks ago now.  My first symptom was a swollen lip then the rash came. My doctors think it could possibly be a side effect to my blood pressure tablets, ramipril - has anyone else experienced this? I’ve been on 2.5mg daily for over a year.  They have …

Last reply
  • Has anyone else experienced hives after metal implant surgery?

about a minute ago I began experiencing physical urticaria in March, with a rapid onset after a surgery in which a metal implant was used to correct a broken wrist. After being prescribed to high dosages and mixes of Prednisone, Zantac, Xyzal, Allegra, Singulair, etc. I was approved to start Xolair …

Last reply
  • Chronic appendicitis and urticaria?

I started experiencing unexplained hives all over my body - never knowing where from hour to hour - 5 1/2 months ago. I've had every test imaginable to rule out systemic or other causes and no triggers seem to make sense. Antihistamines to not work. Xolair provided no relief after 4 rounds. I …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.