Papular urticaria post covid

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just wondered if anyone out there has developed a severe allergy to midge bites since recovering from Covid. I live in the Inner Hebrides and we really can't avoid midges from May-October. I seem to have become a midge magnet. About 6 weeks after Covid any bites I got went septic and turned into red weals and secondary hives developed. I am on a 4 week decreasing course of Prednisolone and Fexofendaline. If I get a bite everything flares up and the itch is awful. not going out is not an option as I have a black lab. I use midge sprays and protective clothing and midge hood. I never had a reaction prior to Covid. If anyone has any tips I would be most grateful.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.