Hives have almost gone

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had hives (CIU) for almost 4 years. I think initially brought on by stress. I have been on steroids, fenofexadine and now Xolair for the past 2 years injecting myself every 7 weeks. I have been wanting to get control of this condition forever, so I started an elimination diet after reading about how it had helped others. My injection was due 5 weeks ago and I am still managing without it. I get small itchy bumps in the evening but nothing i cant cope with. I have started introducing new foods and so far so good. Ive eliminated all processed sugar and dairy/wheat though. Ive lost over a stone and feeling really positive. When i first started the diet I had severe hives but over the weeks they have gradually gone. I eat super healthy now and Im sticking with it if it means I can stay off the injections.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

when you say steriods are you on them daily? My Urticaria came back in January after taking some vitamins and my fexo isnt working so maybe i should try them .

Im waiting for my referal to come back to hopefully get Xolair but my doctor isnt very helpful and i have to look at ways to help this situation myself .

Im so glad yours has got so much better

x

• Posted

While its possible that dietary habits can cause spots. They do not usually cause hives.

• Posted

are you still off the xolair ?? i heard if you go off and try to go back on it will not help.. i have been on it for 6-7 years.. I wont go on prednisone which would be my only option if they came back.. where do you live that you can give yourself the shot.. I have to go to the hospital

• Posted

That’s great! A healthy diet must be followed to complement the medications for hives. Are you resuming the injections?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.