Brittle nails & xolair

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm curious if anyone has gotten brittles nails while doing the xolair injections?!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Not for me, but I'm on every 10 weeks now. I haven't had any side effects.

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I have only just started on this therapy ... I’ve had two injections so far 4 weeks apart 300 mg each time and the only thing new are the shots & my nails have become thin & peeling-’ve never had a problem with my nails...

• Posted

I've been on it once a month (two vials) for about 5 years now. My nails aren't the healthiest but I didn't notice a downward change from Xolair. Everyone's experience is going to be different though.

• Posted

I've been on it once a month (two vials) for about 5 years now. My nails aren't the healthiest but I didn't notice a downward change from Xolair. Everyone's experience is going to be different though.

• Posted

I will be going for my 4th Xolair injection this week. May nails are so thin and brittle they bend when I scratch. I'm also experiencing hair loss and my skin seems to also be thinning. I wasn't sure if I was experiencing this side effect due to the Xolair treatment or due to the diseases ( chronic urticaria and angioedema) .

• Posted

Hi, so I wasn't sure why either but after 8 injections , my nails were so bad & turns out my vitamin D level plummeted while on this treatment... of course lots of people (myself included) at some point naturally have low levels. anyhow, I've had great success taking a supplement. I'm taking hair, skin & nails argon oil infused & with Biotin. If you can take them, it took about 7 weeks for me to see the benefits in my nails!!

• Posted

I do not believe injections do anything to your nails, unless the injection is for infections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.