Newly experiencing hives breakouts!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this, hoping to get some advice - it'd also be reassuring/comforting to know that other people suffer from this too!

So a bit of background, I've never had this problem before the start of last week and have no known allergies.

Before it got really bad i had small breakouts for a couple of days which responded to antihistamines. However, I woke up a few days before Christmas and was covered in hives (especially bad on my legs!) my lips were swollen and my throat felt tight, i honestly thought i was having a severe allergic reaction so headed to ane.

Was told it was a hives breakout and they took my blood for testing (thyroid, iron levels etc) - all came back fine apart from being a bit low in iron which i'm already aware of. They gave me steroids which calmed it a lot and then prescribed me double daily doses of antihistamines, but my body dosent seem to respond at all to them.

This morning after waking up i was scared to look in the mirror because i could already feel my limbs burning and wrists and ankles swollen - also my wrists ache/tingle (is this normal?!) so i knew it was gonna be bad! I've attached photos of what the majority of my body (apart from my back) currently look like. I even have them on my face!

I don't know what to do, I'm worried to go back to work tomorrow as they're noticable even if i was to cover up (they're on my face, hands and in my hair!) 😦

I'm really confused as to why this is happening... how is it actually caused? Could it be stress? should i be avoiding any foods? thanks in advance for any replies its hugely appreciated!

imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.